Manchester United & Adidas confirm kit deal worth £750m over 10 years!
Just a week after Nike released their final Manchester United kit and news emerged that the pair would not continue their partnership, the whopping details of the new Adidas deal have been confirmed.
According to an official report on Manchester United’s website: “Manchester United plc (NYSE:MANU) has reached a ten-year agreement with adidas for a global technical sponsorship and dual branded licensing deal for a minimum guarantee of GBP 750 million, subject to certain adjustments, beginning with the 2015/2016 campaign.
For the 2014/2015 season, Nike will continue in its role of technical sponsor and trademark licensee.”
The full press release from Adidas is featured on a Tweet below.
Adidas themselves claim: “This collaboration marks a milestone for us when it comes to merchandising potential. We expect total sales to reach 1.5 billion GBP during the duration of our partnership.”
For comparison, Chelsea’s 10-year-deal with Adidas is worth 300 million pounds.
Further Tweets on what is the biggest kit deal in football by some margin are below.
— Manchester United (@ManUtd) July 14, 2014
Adidas press release confirming £750m, 10-year kit deal with Manchester United pic.twitter.com/rSW7bLZAZj
— 101 Great Goals (@102greatgoals) July 14, 2014
Kit deals: United £70m (Adidas) Real £31m (Adidas) Chelsea £30m (Adidas) Arsenal £30m (Puma) Barca £27m (Nike) Liverpool £25m (Warrior).
— OutsideoftheBoot.com (@OOTB_football) July 14, 2014
Imagine Utd’s firepower if they hadn’t been paying off Glazer debt. Terrifying!
— Alastair Brookshaw (@albrookshawAFC) July 14, 2014
— Alex Shaw (@AlexShawESPN) July 14, 2014
Don’t think Man United will have a problem with FFP in the future..
— Jonas Giæver (@CheGiaevara) July 14, 2014
The Man Utd/Adidas deal has been confirmed at a massive £750m. Any suggestion that club has slipped off it’s perch quickly banished #MUFC
— Kevin Palmer (@kpsundayworld) July 14, 2014
10-year Adidas kit deals Chelsea: £300m Man United: £750m
— Rob Harris (@RobHarris) July 14, 2014
Between Chevrolet shirt contract and Adidas kit deal Man United will get almost £130 million/ season. More than annual gate revenue.
— tariq panja (@tariqpanja) July 14, 2014
Nice boost to @ManUtd finances after last season’s debacle left a £30-40m Champions League shaped hole.
— Andy Green (@andersred) July 14, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- Chelsea attacker Oscar stars in life-size video game for new Adidas Predator boot advertSeptember 18, 2014
- A projected Messi scores a goal on the buildings of Barcelona in new Adidas ad [Video]August 14, 2014
- New details emerge of Man United’s mega Adidas deal [BBC]July 31, 2014
- Manchester United’s new Adidas kit deal is ENORMOUS compared to Europe’s biggest clubsJuly 15, 2014
- Paul Pogba’s awesome response to a Man United fan on TwitterAugust 27, 2016
- Man United tipped to sign Real Madrid star Gareth Bale in a BS article in the Sunday StarAugust 27, 2016
- Jose Mourinho discussed Fergie Time after Man United win at Hull (Video)August 27, 2016
- Jose Mourinho confirms Marouane Fellaini has a ‘bad’ back injury (Video)August 27, 2016