Liverpool make a second approach in a week for Newcastle’s Hatem Ben Arfa [L’Equipe]
- July 19, 2013
L’Equipe, the hugely respected French media outlet, have today reported that Liverpool are turning up the heat in their chase for Newcastle midfielder Hatem Ben Arfa.
In a short update on their Mercato page, L’Equipe have told their readers:
Under contract until June 2015 with Newcastle, Hatem Ben Arfa is the subject of a new approach from Liverpool. Brought up at Lyon and Marseille, the French international midfielder of 26 years played only six Premier League games as a starter last season.
Whether Liverpool fans would like Ben Arfa to join their club is questionable.
Whilst the Frenchman has a knack for scoring incredible goals, Ben Arfa also considered to be far too injury prone and inconsistent. That said, if Liverpool could get rid of the likes of Stewart Downing to bring in Ben Arfa, most Reds supporters would believe that the quality of their squad would be improved.
- Sunderland rescue Fabio Borini from Liverpool nightmare in £10 million deal
- Liverpool announce signing of Taiwo Awoniyi, immediately send him on loan to Frankfurt
- Man United target Anthony Martial likes playing FIFA with Liverpool [Tweets]
- Liverpool & Sunderland fans make plenty of jokes on Fabio Borini’s potential...
- Liverpool’s Lazar Markovic presented at Fenerbahce after completing loan move
- Dejan Lovren deletes his Instagram account after abuse from Liverpool fans (Tweets)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...