- Video of the incredible rain storm that suspended Estoril v PSV
- Robin van Persie set to be replaced by Radamel Falcao for Man United v Hull [Sun]
- BassBuds deny they were behind 3 Spurs-Partizan pitch invasions
- WOW! Samir Handanovic saves 6th (sixth!) consecutive penalty for Inter Milan v Dnipro
- TrollStation take credit for 3 pitch invasions during Spurs-Partizan 1st half
Liverpool make a second approach in a week for Newcastle’s Hatem Ben Arfa [L'Equipe]
L’Equipe, the hugely respected French media outlet, have today reported that Liverpool are turning up the heat in their chase for Newcastle midfielder Hatem Ben Arfa.
In a short update on their Mercato page, L’Equipe have told their readers:
Under contract until June 2015 with Newcastle, Hatem Ben Arfa is the subject of a new approach from Liverpool. Brought up at Lyon and Marseille, the French international midfielder of 26 years played only six Premier League games as a starter last season.
Whether Liverpool fans would like Ben Arfa to join their club is questionable.
Whilst the Frenchman has a knack for scoring incredible goals, Ben Arfa also considered to be far too injury prone and inconsistent. That said, if Liverpool could get rid of the likes of Stewart Downing to bring in Ben Arfa, most Reds supporters would believe that the quality of their squad would be improved.
- Updated: July 19, 2013