Liverpool make a second approach in a week for Newcastle’s Hatem Ben Arfa [L’Equipe]
- July 19, 2013
L’Equipe, the hugely respected French media outlet, have today reported that Liverpool are turning up the heat in their chase for Newcastle midfielder Hatem Ben Arfa.
In a short update on their Mercato page, L’Equipe have told their readers:
Under contract until June 2015 with Newcastle, Hatem Ben Arfa is the subject of a new approach from Liverpool. Brought up at Lyon and Marseille, the French international midfielder of 26 years played only six Premier League games as a starter last season.
Whether Liverpool fans would like Ben Arfa to join their club is questionable.
Whilst the Frenchman has a knack for scoring incredible goals, Ben Arfa also considered to be far too injury prone and inconsistent. That said, if Liverpool could get rid of the likes of Stewart Downing to bring in Ben Arfa, most Reds supporters would believe that the quality of their squad would be improved.
- New Tottenham man Dele Alli admits he rejected Liverpool [FourFourTwo]
- Fans react to Independent’s harsh article on Anfield absence of grieving Mario Ba...
- People in LA have no idea who Steven Gerrard is, one guy thought he played for Man Unit...
- Raheem Sterling tops list of 20 most valuable youngsters ft. Man United & Arsenal ...
- James Milner takes first Leaning pictures as a Liverpool player, unveiled with Number 7...
- Arsenal begin talks to sign Barcelona winger Pedro [Independent]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi