Liverpool make a second approach in a week for Newcastle’s Hatem Ben Arfa [L’Equipe]
L’Equipe, the hugely respected French media outlet, have today reported that Liverpool are turning up the heat in their chase for Newcastle midfielder Hatem Ben Arfa.
In a short update on their Mercato page, L’Equipe have told their readers:
Under contract until June 2015 with Newcastle, Hatem Ben Arfa is the subject of a new approach from Liverpool. Brought up at Lyon and Marseille, the French international midfielder of 26 years played only six Premier League games as a starter last season.
Whether Liverpool fans would like Ben Arfa to join their club is questionable.
Whilst the Frenchman has a knack for scoring incredible goals, Ben Arfa also considered to be far too injury prone and inconsistent. That said, if Liverpool could get rid of the likes of Stewart Downing to bring in Ben Arfa, most Reds supporters would believe that the quality of their squad would be improved.
Watch Live Stream
- Borussia Dortmund reject Liverpool’s £11m bid for Christian Pulisic, loan move possible [ESPN]August 29, 2016
- Twitter explodes as rumours circulate that Jordan Henderson will replace Wayne Rooney as England captainAugust 29, 2016
- Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho rejects loan move to Stoke City [Telegraph & Mirror]August 29, 2016
- Dinamo’s Ante Coric explains why he’s rejected a move to Liverpool [Vecernji list]August 29, 2016
- Jonjo Shelvey’s free-kick golazo for Newcastle v Brighton (Official Video)August 27, 2016
- Done Deal: Former Man United & Newcastle midfielder Gabriel Obertan moves to RussiaAugust 24, 2016
- Done Deal: Watford sign Daryl Janmaat from NewcastleAugust 24, 2016
- Newcastle are selling Daryl Janmaat to Vicarage Road, taking DeAndre Yedlin from SpursAugust 23, 2016