Liverpool make a second approach in a week for Newcastle’s Hatem Ben Arfa [L’Equipe]
- July 19, 2013
L’Equipe, the hugely respected French media outlet, have today reported that Liverpool are turning up the heat in their chase for Newcastle midfielder Hatem Ben Arfa.
In a short update on their Mercato page, L’Equipe have told their readers:
Under contract until June 2015 with Newcastle, Hatem Ben Arfa is the subject of a new approach from Liverpool. Brought up at Lyon and Marseille, the French international midfielder of 26 years played only six Premier League games as a starter last season.
Whether Liverpool fans would like Ben Arfa to join their club is questionable.
Whilst the Frenchman has a knack for scoring incredible goals, Ben Arfa also considered to be far too injury prone and inconsistent. That said, if Liverpool could get rid of the likes of Stewart Downing to bring in Ben Arfa, most Reds supporters would believe that the quality of their squad would be improved.
- Gary Neville & Jamie Carragher share hilarious “banter” whilst playing...
- Liverpool chief executive Ian Ayre expects the club to challenge for major honours this...
- Arsenal have shown interest in €21m rated Real Madrid starlet Denis Cheryshev [AS]
- Fail: Liverpool advertise kits of new signings but spell Adam Bogdan’s name wrong...
- Liverpool fans laugh off claims they could sign Toni Kroos from Real Madrid for £35m [T...
- Barcelona’s Adama Traore en route to England for Liverpool medical [SPORT]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi