- Quality fan footage vine of Christian Eriksen’s free-kick v Sheffield United
- Chelsea appear to have a clear advantage with the fixture list in the build-up to the Capital One Cup final
- Andrea Pirlo’s quality skills v Parma for Juventus in the Coppa Italia [GIF]
- USA coach Jurgen Klinsmann backheels TWO balls at the same time! [GIF]
- Diego Simeone says Barcelona’s Leo Messi is better than Ronaldo, Bale & Benzema combined
Liverpool agree deal with Sevilla for Luis Alberto, Spaniard to join for €8m (Estadio Deportivo)
Liverpool, who have been quick off the mark in the summer transfer window, have agreed another deal this Saturday afternoon: The 8 million euro signing of Luis Alberto from Sevilla.
Estadio Deportivo report that Liverpool and Sevilla have completed their agreement with 8 million euros paid now and a further 2 million euros to come if certain targets are met.
Sevilla believe they have secured a good price for a promising player. After all, Barcelona refused to take up their option of 3.8 million euros on Luis Alberto having played for their B team last season.
Luis Alberto will sign a 4 or 5 year contract this week, add Estadio Deportivo and the deal is set to be completed by a medical in Liverpool in the coming days.
Information has also emerged in the past few hours that Liverpool tried to sign Luis Alberto in 2009 when Rafa Benitez was manager but Sevilla refused to part with the attacking midfielder/forward.
The 20-year-old attacker fits the mould of players being brought in by Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers. Luis Alberto is young, hungry to prove himself and vastly talented.
In 2012/2013, Luis Alberto scored 11 goals and provided 17 assists in 37 games (32 starts) with Barcelona B.
Video evidence of Luis Alberto is below.
- Updated: June 15, 2013