Liverpool agree deal with Sevilla for Luis Alberto, Spaniard to join for €8m (Estadio Deportivo)
- June 15, 2013
Liverpool, who have been quick off the mark in the summer transfer window, have agreed another deal this Saturday afternoon: The 8 million euro signing of Luis Alberto from Sevilla.
Estadio Deportivo report that Liverpool and Sevilla have completed their agreement with 8 million euros paid now and a further 2 million euros to come if certain targets are met.
Sevilla believe they have secured a good price for a promising player. After all, Barcelona refused to take up their option of 3.8 million euros on Luis Alberto having played for their B team last season.
Luis Alberto will sign a 4 or 5 year contract this week, add Estadio Deportivo and the deal is set to be completed by a medical in Liverpool in the coming days.
Information has also emerged in the past few hours that Liverpool tried to sign Luis Alberto in 2009 when Rafa Benitez was manager but Sevilla refused to part with the attacking midfielder/forward.
The 20-year-old attacker fits the mould of players being brought in by Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers. Luis Alberto is young, hungry to prove himself and vastly talented.
In 2012/2013, Luis Alberto scored 11 goals and provided 17 assists in 37 games (32 starts) with Barcelona B.
Video evidence of Luis Alberto is below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi