- Brendan Rodgers beginning to doubt whether Mario Balotelli is technically good enough for Liverpool [Mail]
- Wenger on why Sanchez chose Arsenal over Liverpool: ‘Simple. Champions League continuity’ [Star]
- Man City boss Pellegrini: ‘All 3 strikers (Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic) are out for Crystal Palace’ [Video]
- Divock Origi set to join up with Liverpool in Jan, Rodgers & co to pay Lille €6m extra [L'Equipe]
- Chelsea’s Oscar has ‘Family Fitness Day’ with his wife and sister…
Lionel Messi wears Paulino Alcantara’s vintage Barcelona shirt as mark of respect after beating scoring record
Last Saturday, Lionel Messi achieved yet another career milestone, in what is now essentially a weekly habit.
Against Osasuna, he surpassed the previous holder of Barcelona’s all-time goalscoring record, Paulino Alcantara, who had 369.
Messi surpassed the Filipino-Spaniard to make it 371, courtesy of a hat-trick, and to mark the passing of the record, Messi donned a replica shirt from Alcantara’s era (1920s), replete with battered old ball and laced collar.
- Updated: March 18, 2014