Lionel Messi wears Paulino Alcantara’s vintage Barcelona shirt as mark of respect after beating scoring record
- March 18, 2014
Last Saturday, Lionel Messi achieved yet another career milestone, in what is now essentially a weekly habit.
Against Osasuna, he surpassed the previous holder of Barcelona’s all-time goalscoring record, Paulino Alcantara, who had 369.
Messi surpassed the Filipino-Spaniard to make it 371, courtesy of a hat-trick, and to mark the passing of the record, Messi donned a replica shirt from Alcantara’s era (1920s), replete with battered old ball and laced collar.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...