Lionel Messi wears Paulino Alcantara’s vintage Barcelona shirt as mark of respect after beating scoring record
Last Saturday, Lionel Messi achieved yet another career milestone, in what is now essentially a weekly habit.
Against Osasuna, he surpassed the previous holder of Barcelona’s all-time goalscoring record, Paulino Alcantara, who had 369.
Messi surpassed the Filipino-Spaniard to make it 371, courtesy of a hat-trick, and to mark the passing of the record, Messi donned a replica shirt from Alcantara’s era (1920s), replete with battered old ball and laced collar.
Watch Live Stream
- Barcelona offer to help Chapecoense, invite them to play in Joan Gamper trophyDecember 8, 2016
- Bartomeu: Luis Suarez set for Barcelona contract extensionDecember 7, 2016
- Barcelona legend Xavi has still got it – Scores free-kick in Qatar (Video)December 7, 2016
- Taxi for Jordi Alba: Real Madrid’s Mateo Kovacic speaks 5 languages (Video)December 7, 2016
- Revealed: Leo Messi & Cristiano Ronaldo’s friendship (Video)December 7, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo not included in the most expensive XI in world football [CIES]December 6, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo v Leo Messi: 2016 Ballon d’Or winner is leakedDecember 6, 2016
- Leo Messi & Cristiano Ronaldo shared a bromantic moment during El Clasico (video)December 4, 2016