- Olivier Giroud admits Arsenal don’t know how to close out matches [Video]
- Golazo! Liverpool loanee Jordon Ibe scored an absolute beauty for Derby v Watford [Official Video]
- Alan Pardew laughs at journalist’s phone going off in Newcastle 1 – QPR 0 pressser
- Claude tells Man United fan channel Full Time Devils: Wenger Should Have Gone!
- Diagnosis on Marco Reus’ suspected ankle ligament rupture delayed due to swelling
Lionel Messi wears Paulino Alcantara’s vintage Barcelona shirt as mark of respect after beating scoring record
Last Saturday, Lionel Messi achieved yet another career milestone, in what is now essentially a weekly habit.
Against Osasuna, he surpassed the previous holder of Barcelona’s all-time goalscoring record, Paulino Alcantara, who had 369.
Messi surpassed the Filipino-Spaniard to make it 371, courtesy of a hat-trick, and to mark the passing of the record, Messi donned a replica shirt from Alcantara’s era (1920s), replete with battered old ball and laced collar.
- Updated: March 18, 2014