- 10Bet Exclusive Bonus: 50% Up To £200 Free!
- Bet365 Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- NetBet Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £100 Free!
- Bet365 Live streaming - Watch Live Sports
- BoyleSports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Ladbrokes Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Betfred Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25!
- Winner Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- 18Bet Exclusive Bonus: 150% Up To £30 Free!
- Betway Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Vernons Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25 Free!
Lionel Messi confronted Arbeloa & Karanka in the Bernabeu parking lot after El Clasico
- Updated: January 31, 2013
Rather intriguing claims have been published in the Madrid based media over the last few hours on incidents that allegedly occurred after Real Madrid’s 1-1 draw with Barcelona in the Copa del Rey semi-final first leg.
Both AS and Marca report on suggestions originally aired by Punto Pelota – known to be a rather sensationalist and low brow source.
Lionel Messi is alleged to have confronted Real Madrid full back Alvaro Arbeloa in the Bernabeu car park after Wednesday night’s 1-1 draw.
The Argentine forward was unhappy with Arbeloa touching his face during the match (see video below) and called Arbeloa “dumb” in front of his pregnant wife.
A Barcelona employee came to take Messi away from this mini fracas but not before Real Madrid assistant coach Aitor Karanka came on the scene.
To which Messi shouted at Karanka: “What are you looking at? You are just [Jose] Mourinho’s puppet?”
According to Marca, Real Madrid players have been upset with Lionel Messi’s attitude for some time during El Clasico matches.
Perhaps due to the hatful of goals – 17 and counting against Real Madrid – 1 short of Alfredo Di Stefan’s all-time record in this fixture.
Barcelona, when contacted over these claims, refused to even credit them with a response.
Are they typical Madrid-based media chatter or revelations that Lionel Messi is not quite the choir boy we have been led to believe?