- Brendan Rodgers beginning to doubt whether Mario Balotelli is technically good enough for Liverpool [Mail]
- Wenger on why Sanchez chose Arsenal over Liverpool: ‘Simple. Champions League continuity’ [Star]
- Man City boss Pellegrini: ‘All 3 strikers (Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic) are out for Crystal Palace’ [Video]
- Divock Origi set to join up with Liverpool in Jan, Rodgers & co to pay Lille €6m extra [L'Equipe]
- Chelsea’s Oscar has ‘Family Fitness Day’ with his wife and sister…
Leaked! Villa host Man United on opening day, Chelsea face Everton, Liverpool play Arsenal & its Spurs v Leicester
Is this real or fake?
An image is doing the rounds on social media sites claiming to reveal the opening day fixtures of the 2014-15 Premier League season.
Whether the picture can be trusted is open to debate as, on the one hand the picture in question shows that the URL of the so-called revealing website is in fact the official Premier League online page, however the fact the the image is of a computer screen leaves many to believe the information to be photoshopped.
Whether true or not, the information relayed is that Aston Villa will kick off the new season hosting Manchester United at Villa Park. Whether Louis van Gaal will be happy with that fixture remains to be seen.
In other news, Jose Mourinho’s Chelsea are set to host Everton at Stamford Bridge on August 15th, while the undoubted massive mach of the opening weekend appears to be at Anfield where Brendan Rodgers’ Liverpool are said to welcome Arsene Wenger’s Arsenal on week one of the season.
Champions Man City kick off their campaign against Southampton in front of their own fans, while new boys Leicester are reportedly heading to Tottenham’s White Hart Lane.
The 2014-15 Premier League fixture list officially comes out on June 18th.
- Updated: June 16, 2014