- Pep Guardiola post-Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘One of my proudest nights as a manager’ [Video]
- Layvin Kurzawa denies rumour Manchester City invited him to Bayern game, watched CL at home
- A sinister Bruce Grobelaar says Simon Mignolet is Liverpool’s problem: ‘He let in 52 goals!’
- Frank Lampard post-Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘It was a special night, but we’re not there yet’ [Video]
- Brilliant! BVB coach Jurgen Klopp laughs hysterically to the bemusement of journos [Video]
Leaked! Villa host Man United on opening day, Chelsea face Everton, Liverpool play Arsenal & its Spurs v Leicester
Is this real or fake?
An image is doing the rounds on social media sites claiming to reveal the opening day fixtures of the 2014-15 Premier League season.
Whether the picture can be trusted is open to debate as, on the one hand the picture in question shows that the URL of the so-called revealing website is in fact the official Premier League online page, however the fact the the image is of a computer screen leaves many to believe the information to be photoshopped.
Whether true or not, the information relayed is that Aston Villa will kick off the new season hosting Manchester United at Villa Park. Whether Louis van Gaal will be happy with that fixture remains to be seen.
In other news, Jose Mourinho’s Chelsea are set to host Everton at Stamford Bridge on August 15th, while the undoubted massive mach of the opening weekend appears to be at Anfield where Brendan Rodgers’ Liverpool are said to welcome Arsene Wenger’s Arsenal on week one of the season.
Champions Man City kick off their campaign against Southampton in front of their own fans, while new boys Leicester are reportedly heading to Tottenham’s White Hart Lane.
The 2014-15 Premier League fixture list officially comes out on June 18th.
- Updated: June 16, 2014