Kung-Fu Goalkeeper Attack: Dida Valdemar (America-RN) v Ceara
- July 15, 2012
The following horrific challenge comes from the Brazilian second division in a match that ended 1-1 between America-RN and Ceara on Saturday night.
America-RN took the lead inside the opening 120 seconds, and Ceara had to wait until the 28th minute for their first real sight on goal.
Ceara, adopting route one tactics, saw their keeper hoof a long ball downfield and the ball was knocked on towards striker Romario inside the America box. It looked like Romario was in on goal, until America keeper Dida Valdemar stepped into the picture.
Harald Schumacher-esque, goalie Dida raced off his line to close down Romario, whereby the custodian fully committed himself into blocking Ceara’s 19-year-old striker. Only Dida’s block was 100% human contact and 0% ball contact. As if in a kung-fu movie, Dida took out Romario with a flying assault.
Thankfully Romario was eventually OK to continue, whilst Dida could count himself lucky walking away from the crime with only a yellow card.
Watch the incident 40 seconds into the video below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”201721″]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...