Kung-Fu Goalkeeper Attack: Dida Valdemar (America-RN) v Ceara
- July 15, 2012
The following horrific challenge comes from the Brazilian second division in a match that ended 1-1 between America-RN and Ceara on Saturday night.
America-RN took the lead inside the opening 120 seconds, and Ceara had to wait until the 28th minute for their first real sight on goal.
Ceara, adopting route one tactics, saw their keeper hoof a long ball downfield and the ball was knocked on towards striker Romario inside the America box. It looked like Romario was in on goal, until America keeper Dida Valdemar stepped into the picture.
Harald Schumacher-esque, goalie Dida raced off his line to close down Romario, whereby the custodian fully committed himself into blocking Ceara’s 19-year-old striker. Only Dida’s block was 100% human contact and 0% ball contact. As if in a kung-fu movie, Dida took out Romario with a flying assault.
Thankfully Romario was eventually OK to continue, whilst Dida could count himself lucky walking away from the crime with only a yellow card.
Watch the incident 40 seconds into the video below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”201721″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi