Jan Vertonghen guility of embarrassing play-acting to get Zozulya sent off in Spurs 3 – Dnipro 1
- February 27, 2014
It was the game’s turning point.
At 1-1, Dnipro were going through against Spurs, but Zozulya’s sending off changed the entire complexion of the game.
Spurs gained the initiative, and went on to win 3-1 with a brace from Adebayor.
But the red card was extremely controversial, and Jan Vertonghen was the villain of the piece.
The Belgian defender engaged in a woeful piece of simulation, throwing himself on the ground after a flick from Dnipro’s Zozulya.
The ref fell for it hook, line and sinker, and Zozulya was shown red.
With the man advantage Spurs ran out winners; the red card undoubtedly changed the game.
Watch the vine of Vertonghen’s simulation below.
- Tottenham’s Belgian players try to act in silly promo for France friendly [Video]
- Spurs defender Jan Vertonghen photobombs Chelsea’s Eden Hazard
- Chelsea’s Nemanja Matic got sent off for retaliation. Spurs’ Jan Vertonghen...
- Spurs defender Jan Vertonghen nutmegs his friend, posts video on Instagram
- Spurs mini Goal Challenge – Superbowl Special ft. Kane, Eriksen & Vertonghen
- Spurs incensed by ridiculous offside call against Jan Vertonghen for 3-1 v Sunderland [...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi