Jan Vertonghen guility of embarrassing play-acting to get Zozulya sent off in Spurs 3 – Dnipro 1
It was the game’s turning point.
At 1-1, Dnipro were going through against Spurs, but Zozulya’s sending off changed the entire complexion of the game.
Spurs gained the initiative, and went on to win 3-1 with a brace from Adebayor.
But the red card was extremely controversial, and Jan Vertonghen was the villain of the piece.
The Belgian defender engaged in a woeful piece of simulation, throwing himself on the ground after a flick from Dnipro’s Zozulya.
The ref fell for it hook, line and sinker, and Zozulya was shown red.
With the man advantage Spurs ran out winners; the red card undoubtedly changed the game.
Watch the vine of Vertonghen’s simulation below.
Watch Live Stream
- Jan Vertonghen celebrates his 500th game with an heart-warming Instagram postNovember 17, 2016
- Tottenham’s Jan Vertonghen continues to joke about president-elect Donald TrumpNovember 10, 2016
- Tottenham’s Jan Vertonghen calls the US election ’embarrassing’. Cue the trolls [Tweets]November 9, 2016
- Jan Vertonghen names his Spurs MOTM v Arsenal on Instagram StoriesNovember 7, 2016
- Spurs fans can rest easy over Toby AlderweireldDecember 6, 2016
- How much? Hugo Lloris collects match bonus every time Tottenham lose [Le Soir]December 6, 2016
- Tottenham v CSKA Moscow: Champions League preview, line-ups & predictionsDecember 6, 2016
- Football Leaks publish Spurs defender Toby Alderweireld’s low release clauseDecember 5, 2016