- Chelsea’s stars & their wives attended Didier Drogba’s Charity Ball after the Man United game [Pictures]
- Former Liverpool keeper Diego Cavalieri horribly missed a penalty for Fluminense [Videos]
- Arsenal fans slam Wojciech Szczesny after the FA Cup win v Reading [Videos]
- Oscar’s sister got a picture with Eden Hazard after Chelsea’s win v Man United [Instagram]
- Claude & Ty argue after Arsenal beat Reading to reach the FA Cup final [Arsenal Fan TV]
Jan Vertonghen guility of embarrassing play-acting to get Zozulya sent off in Spurs 3 – Dnipro 1
- February 27, 2014
It was the game’s turning point.
At 1-1, Dnipro were going through against Spurs, but Zozulya’s sending off changed the entire complexion of the game.
Spurs gained the initiative, and went on to win 3-1 with a brace from Adebayor.
But the red card was extremely controversial, and Jan Vertonghen was the villain of the piece.
The Belgian defender engaged in a woeful piece of simulation, throwing himself on the ground after a flick from Dnipro’s Zozulya.
The ref fell for it hook, line and sinker, and Zozulya was shown red.
With the man advantage Spurs ran out winners; the red card undoubtedly changed the game.
Watch the vine of Vertonghen’s simulation below.