Jan Vertonghen guility of embarrassing play-acting to get Zozulya sent off in Spurs 3 – Dnipro 1
- February 27, 2014
It was the game’s turning point.
At 1-1, Dnipro were going through against Spurs, but Zozulya’s sending off changed the entire complexion of the game.
Spurs gained the initiative, and went on to win 3-1 with a brace from Adebayor.
But the red card was extremely controversial, and Jan Vertonghen was the villain of the piece.
The Belgian defender engaged in a woeful piece of simulation, throwing himself on the ground after a flick from Dnipro’s Zozulya.
The ref fell for it hook, line and sinker, and Zozulya was shown red.
With the man advantage Spurs ran out winners; the red card undoubtedly changed the game.
Watch the vine of Vertonghen’s simulation below.
- Harry Kane & Jan Vertonghen score glorious golazos in Spurs training (Video)
- Skills: Spurs defender Jan Vertonghen spins away from two AC Milan players (Video)
- Tottenham’s Belgian players try to act in silly promo for France friendly [Video]
- Spurs defender Jan Vertonghen photobombs Chelsea’s Eden Hazard
- Chelsea’s Nemanja Matic got sent off for retaliation. Spurs’ Jan Vertonghen...
- Spurs defender Jan Vertonghen nutmegs his friend, posts video on Instagram
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...