Jan Vertonghen guility of embarrassing play-acting to get Zozulya sent off in Spurs 3 – Dnipro 1
- February 27, 2014
It was the game’s turning point.
At 1-1, Dnipro were going through against Spurs, but Zozulya’s sending off changed the entire complexion of the game.
Spurs gained the initiative, and went on to win 3-1 with a brace from Adebayor.
But the red card was extremely controversial, and Jan Vertonghen was the villain of the piece.
The Belgian defender engaged in a woeful piece of simulation, throwing himself on the ground after a flick from Dnipro’s Zozulya.
The ref fell for it hook, line and sinker, and Zozulya was shown red.
With the man advantage Spurs ran out winners; the red card undoubtedly changed the game.
Watch the vine of Vertonghen’s simulation below.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...