Jamie Carragher and Gary Neville analyse Liverpool’s brand new 5-2-1-2 formation
Liverpool fans were riveted during Sky Sports’ Monday Night Football show as pundits Jamie Carragher and Gary Neville picked apart the Reds’ tactics at Sunderland last weekend.
Carragher and Neville discussed how LIverpool are now employing a 5-2-1-2 formation, in which Daniel Sturridge and Luis Suarez play up-top, Victor Moses is currently being used in the hole behind the forwards, and Jordan Henderson is being dispatched in the right-back role.
Former Liverpool defender Carragher gushed about the Suarez and Sturridge partnership, highlighting how the two forwards are proper strikers who torment opposition defenders in the middle of the pitch.
When it came to discussing the Scousers backline, Neville wondered just how long Henderson could carry on in the full back position, while the talking heads agreed that Toure, Sakho and Srtkel now provide the Reds with a rock solid foundation to build from.
Watch the MNF crew discuss Liverpool’s new formation below.
- Jamie Carragher trolls Steven Gerrard with superb Instagram post (Picture)
- The moment the Brendan Rodgers news broke gets amazing Eastenders makeover (Video)
- Jamie Carragher explains why he’d like Jurgen Klopp to be new Liverpool boss (Video)
- Jamie Carragher and Graeme Souness speak about Brendan Rodgers being sacked (Video)
- The Twitter response to Jurgen Klopp’s appointment was record-breaking (Graphic)
- Jurgen Klopp arrives in Liverpool in Matze Knop’s wonderfully eccentric skit (Video)
- Arsene Wenger criticizes Liverpool for ‘irrational’ sacking of Brendan Rodgers
- ‘I’m not an Idiot’ : Jurgen Klopp has no beef with Liverpool’s ...