Jamie Carragher and Gary Neville analyse Liverpool’s brand new 5-2-1-2 formation
Liverpool fans were riveted during Sky Sports’ Monday Night Football show as pundits Jamie Carragher and Gary Neville picked apart the Reds’ tactics at Sunderland last weekend.
Carragher and Neville discussed how LIverpool are now employing a 5-2-1-2 formation, in which Daniel Sturridge and Luis Suarez play up-top, Victor Moses is currently being used in the hole behind the forwards, and Jordan Henderson is being dispatched in the right-back role.
Former Liverpool defender Carragher gushed about the Suarez and Sturridge partnership, highlighting how the two forwards are proper strikers who torment opposition defenders in the middle of the pitch.
When it came to discussing the Scousers backline, Neville wondered just how long Henderson could carry on in the full back position, while the talking heads agreed that Toure, Sakho and Srtkel now provide the Reds with a rock solid foundation to build from.
Watch the MNF crew discuss Liverpool’s new formation below.
Watch Live Stream
- Gary Neville insists the Europa League is the reason for Manchester United’s woes [Tweets]November 27, 2016
- Gary Neville picks the best Arsenal XI he played againstNovember 17, 2016
- Gary Neville names his current best Man United XI, doesn’t include ZlatanNovember 14, 2016
- Gary Neville reveals secret to Sir Alex Ferguson’s success at Man United [MEN]November 12, 2016
- Jamie Carragher destroys Liverpool for Bournemouth display on MNFDecember 6, 2016
- Jamie Carragher is worried Leicester fairy tale will have nightmare ending (Video)December 5, 2016
- Jamie Carragher reveals his MNF talking points on Antonio Conte, Liverpool & Man United (Video)December 5, 2016
- Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher on why Steven Gerrard didn’t take the MK Dons job (Video)November 22, 2016
- It’s not certain Liverpool will lose Joel Matip in JanuaryDecember 8, 2016
- Joey Barton calls out Steven Gerrard’s coaching credentials (Video)December 8, 2016
- Top striker criticised for not joining Liverpool or Arsenal (BBC Video)December 8, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool are worse at defending than under Brendan RodgersDecember 7, 2016