- Cristiano Ronaldo struggles to stay awake during statue unveiling [Video]
- James Rodriguez’s & Radamel Falcao’s Fathers played together for Deportes Tolima in 1987
- Pirloesque! Bastian Schweinsteiger’s stunning free-kick v Mainz [Video]
- Liverpool fan after Arsenal draw: ‘Flamini should have been sent off!’ [Video]
- Manchester United players make fans’ dreams come true at Christmas Foundation [Video]
Jamie Carragher and Gary Neville analyse Liverpool’s brand new 5-2-1-2 formation
Liverpool fans were riveted during Sky Sports’ Monday Night Football show as pundits Jamie Carragher and Gary Neville picked apart the Reds’ tactics at Sunderland last weekend.
Carragher and Neville discussed how LIverpool are now employing a 5-2-1-2 formation, in which Daniel Sturridge and Luis Suarez play up-top, Victor Moses is currently being used in the hole behind the forwards, and Jordan Henderson is being dispatched in the right-back role.
Former Liverpool defender Carragher gushed about the Suarez and Sturridge partnership, highlighting how the two forwards are proper strikers who torment opposition defenders in the middle of the pitch.
When it came to discussing the Scousers backline, Neville wondered just how long Henderson could carry on in the full back position, while the talking heads agreed that Toure, Sakho and Srtkel now provide the Reds with a rock solid foundation to build from.
Watch the MNF crew discuss Liverpool’s new formation below.
- Updated: October 1, 2013