How was this not a red? David Luiz’s (Chelsea) horror tackle on Brentford’s Jake Reeves
- February 17, 2013
David Luiz is lucky not to be facing a three match suspension.
Chelsea booked their place in the FA Cup 5th round on Sunday after a confident 4-0 home rout of Brentford. The Blues’ victory, though, had one major blemish.
As the match was in its final moments, defender David Luiz courted plenty of criticism for a terrible challenge on the Bees’ Jake Reeves.
As 19-year-old Reeves looked to spring a meaningless late counter-attack for the minnows, Luiz executed a cynical off-the-ball challenge whereby he took out the teenager with a nasty forearm to the face.
Luiz received a yellow card , but many were left wondering how the Brazilian avoided a straight red.
According to reports after the match, Luiz went into the Brentford changing room after the fulltime whistle to apologise to Reeves for his poor behaviour.
Watch David Luiz’s terrible tackle below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...