- AC Milan open negotiations with Atletico Madrid hoping to swap Fernando Torres for Alessio Cerci [Guardian]
- Funny! James Milner plays up to his boring reputation as Man City legend Chappy visits [Video]
- Clarke Carlisle is fighting for his life in hospital after being hit by a lorry
- Priceless! Kids are amazed when Iker Casillas competes against them for goalkeeping position! [Video]
- Juventus ultras talk about why they feel the need to get club tattoos [Copa 90 Video]
How was this not a red? David Luiz’s (Chelsea) horror tackle on Brentford’s Jake Reeves
David Luiz is lucky not to be facing a three match suspension.
Chelsea booked their place in the FA Cup 5th round on Sunday after a confident 4-0 home rout of Brentford. The Blues’ victory, though, had one major blemish.
As the match was in its final moments, defender David Luiz courted plenty of criticism for a terrible challenge on the Bees’ Jake Reeves.
As 19-year-old Reeves looked to spring a meaningless late counter-attack for the minnows, Luiz executed a cynical off-the-ball challenge whereby he took out the teenager with a nasty forearm to the face.
Luiz received a yellow card , but many were left wondering how the Brazilian avoided a straight red.
According to reports after the match, Luiz went into the Brentford changing room after the fulltime whistle to apologise to Reeves for his poor behaviour.
Watch David Luiz’s terrible tackle below.
- Updated: February 17, 2013