How? Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale says he hasn’t done any weights to build increased muscle mass [Video]
Gareth Bale’s enhanced physique has been a big talking point during Real Madrid’s season.
With the summer off while he’s teammates sweated and slogged at the World Cup, it looked as though Bale had spent the summer throwing the weights around, returning with a seriously muscular physique, looking 5-10 kilos heavier than last season.
The new Super-Bale appeared in front of the media yesterday ahead of Real Madrid’s Super Cup final against Sevilla in Cardiff tonight.
Asked about his summer training regime and ‘whether he’d put a stop to it now’ (as if it’s a bad thing!), Bale looked mildly bemused, and laughed:
‘I actually haven’t done anything!’
I did a bit of my own training during the summer, a bit of running, conditioning but nothing special.
Yeah, I’ve worked hard and feel in good shape.’
So there you have it, running and bodyweight conditioning are king.
(To be fair, the photos of him at training are slightly deceptive, the sunshine and contracted muscle giving an exaggerated effect.)
Watch Live Stream
- Real Madrid’s trip to Espanyol a potential banana skin as Ronaldo and Bale both outSeptember 17, 2016
- Bad news for Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale [Marca]September 15, 2016
- Gareth Bale’s new Real Madrid contract will see him earn ‘Ronaldo-size wages’ [Guardian]September 14, 2016
- EA Sports Reveal Top 10 Best Shot Takers in FIFA 17September 11, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s huff continued long after being subbed off v Las Palmas (Video)September 25, 2016
- Jose Mourinho consoled Michael Essien after only two Real Madrid teammates came to his birthday partySeptember 25, 2016
- If it’s a battle between Zinedine Zidane v Cristiano Ronaldo, Real Madrid fans back the manager [AS]September 25, 2016
- Real Madrid held at Las Palmas as Cristiano Ronaldo goes off in a huff (Official video)September 25, 2016