How? Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale says he hasn’t done any weights to build increased muscle mass [Video]
Gareth Bale’s enhanced physique has been a big talking point during Real Madrid’s season.
With the summer off while he’s teammates sweated and slogged at the World Cup, it looked as though Bale had spent the summer throwing the weights around, returning with a seriously muscular physique, looking 5-10 kilos heavier than last season.
The new Super-Bale appeared in front of the media yesterday ahead of Real Madrid’s Super Cup final against Sevilla in Cardiff tonight.
Asked about his summer training regime and ‘whether he’d put a stop to it now’ (as if it’s a bad thing!), Bale looked mildly bemused, and laughed:
‘I actually haven’t done anything!’
I did a bit of my own training during the summer, a bit of running, conditioning but nothing special.
Yeah, I’ve worked hard and feel in good shape.’
So there you have it, running and bodyweight conditioning are king.
(To be fair, the photos of him at training are slightly deceptive, the sunshine and contracted muscle giving an exaggerated effect.)
Watch Live Stream
- Gareth Bale on Real Madrid’s La Undecima Champions League victory (Video)May 29th, 2016
- Watch Real Madrid celebrate La Undecima in the dressing room (Video)May 29th, 2016
- I’m cramping up: Gareth Bale on winning Real Madrid’s 11th Champions League (Video)May 28th, 2016
- Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale accidentally does Diego Simeone’s CL Final team talk for hi...May 26th, 2016
- Arsenal & Man United target Alvaro Morata admits he has “tempting” offers from P...May 31st, 2016
- Sergio Ramos laughs when watching back his offside goal in Champions League final (Video)May 30th, 2016
- Atletico Madrid B Keeper Sara Ezquerro risks expulsion for celebrating at Real Madrid’s Und...May 30th, 2016
- Real Madrid Prez Perez trolled a trolling Barça fan during Undecima Party (Video)May 30th, 2016