- Amateur player in Peru tries backheel penalty, gets it spectacularly wrong!
- James Milner as the False 9: Manchester City v Crystal Palace [Team Sheets]
- Jason Byrne & Jamie Carragher have epic 7-minute staring contest on Soccer AM [Video]
- Alexis Sanchez uploads childhood photo, sparks debate among Chileans that he’s a fan of La U
- Better Late Than Never! Barça’s Neymar wishes Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez a Happy Birthday
Graphic: How Barcelona lead the way on Facebook & Twitter
Ahead of the Champions League draw on Thursday, Spanish site Sportwist, who report on social media sports and news, have released a rather intriguing graphic on the 16 remaining teams in Europe’s premier competition.
Of the 16 teams still in the Champions League, Barcelona are the clear winners of the social media rankings, with nearly a 10 million lead over closest challengers Real Madrid in second position.
Barcelona’s phenomenal growth in this sphere shows no signs of abating with the Catalan giants adding 4.6 million new followers in the last three months with Real Madrid (3.4 million) and Manchester United (1.8 million) lagging behind.
This graphic once again begs the question: Why are Manchester United not on Twitter?
And, it is worth bearing in mind, that the English clubs not in the last 16 of the Champions League, such as Manchester City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham would all post fairly strong numbers compared to the lower end of this list.
- Updated: December 18, 2012