Graphic: How Barcelona lead the way on Facebook & Twitter
- December 18, 2012
Ahead of the Champions League draw on Thursday, Spanish site Sportwist, who report on social media sports and news, have released a rather intriguing graphic on the 16 remaining teams in Europe’s premier competition.
Of the 16 teams still in the Champions League, Barcelona are the clear winners of the social media rankings, with nearly a 10 million lead over closest challengers Real Madrid in second position.
Barcelona’s phenomenal growth in this sphere shows no signs of abating with the Catalan giants adding 4.6 million new followers in the last three months with Real Madrid (3.4 million) and Manchester United (1.8 million) lagging behind.
This graphic once again begs the question: Why are Manchester United not on Twitter?
And, it is worth bearing in mind, that the English clubs not in the last 16 of the Champions League, such as Manchester City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham would all post fairly strong numbers compared to the lower end of this list.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...