- Harry Kane & Christian Eriksen post match interview after Hull 1 – Tottenham 3 [Video]
- Remember the name! Liverpool starlet Sergi Canos (17) brilliant hat-trick v Derby U18s [Video]
- Liverpool fan Chris “furious” with display at Crystal Palace & criticises Lovren [Video]
- Man United fan praises Danny Welbeck & slates Jack Wilshere after win over Arsenal [Video]
- Spurs fans bring ‘Levy Out’ banners to Tottenham’s 2-1 win at Hull [Pictures]
Graphic: How Barcelona lead the way on Facebook & Twitter
Ahead of the Champions League draw on Thursday, Spanish site Sportwist, who report on social media sports and news, have released a rather intriguing graphic on the 16 remaining teams in Europe’s premier competition.
Of the 16 teams still in the Champions League, Barcelona are the clear winners of the social media rankings, with nearly a 10 million lead over closest challengers Real Madrid in second position.
Barcelona’s phenomenal growth in this sphere shows no signs of abating with the Catalan giants adding 4.6 million new followers in the last three months with Real Madrid (3.4 million) and Manchester United (1.8 million) lagging behind.
This graphic once again begs the question: Why are Manchester United not on Twitter?
And, it is worth bearing in mind, that the English clubs not in the last 16 of the Champions League, such as Manchester City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham would all post fairly strong numbers compared to the lower end of this list.
- Updated: December 18, 2012