Gedion Zelalem v Nagoya [Individual highlights of the new Arsenal star & through ball GIF]
“He’s a young player who develops well. Pre-season helps us to give a chance to these players, to get them to realise what it demands to be at the top level. He is improving very quickly and he had another appearance, that’s good for his development.” – Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger.
“He sees passes that not a lot of players can. You think: ‘what’s he doing?’ and suddenly someone is in. It won’t be long before he’s ready. He’s so comfortable on the ball. Even in training he’s a nightmare to play against. He keeps the ball away from you and shields it. He’s not very big but he’s strong. He drifts in and out of players. He’s quite a strong lad and technically he’s right up there.” – Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere.
“I’m always wary of over-hyping young players but every once in a while one comes along who generates a buzz naturally through his own performances. The boy has an eye for a pass that is full-on Fabregassian, he can spot things in and around the box that few others can and he’s got the technical ability to pull it off. Quite something, and in the absence of new signings to look at, it’s little wonder that he’s caught the eye… If it’s just down to how bad the other teams are, why aren’t other players splitting defences open with such alacrity? It looks like it just comes naturally to him, which is the most enjoyable thing for me. Sometimes you can see player try but not quite pull something off, this lad just does it.” – Arseblog.
After impressive displays against Indonesia Dream Team and Vietnam, 16-year-old German midfielder Gedion Zelalem once again impressed Arsenal fans with a fine display against Nagoya Grampus on Monday.
The undoubted new star of Arsenal’s Asia Tour, Zelalem has made heads turn with some stunning through balls that have marked him out as a new midfield maestro.
GIF of Zelalem’s pass for Theo Walcott v Nagoya is above with his individual highlights below. Followed by another video of his best through balls on Arsenal’s Asia Tour.
[gthumb id=”337758″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal have secured Lucas Perez signing and are close to agreeing Shkodran Mustafi deal [BBC]August 25, 2016
- The Champions League group stage draw in full ft. Leicester and ArsenalAugust 25, 2016
- Arsenal’s instalments bid of £17m for Lucas Perez rejected by Deportivo [Cadena Ser]August 25, 2016
- Man United & Arsenal full internationals included in England U21 squadAugust 25, 2016
- Arsenal youngster Gedion Zelalem bags backheel assist for Rangers (Official video)January 11, 2016
- Arsenal loanee Gedion Zelalem bags lovely through ball assist on Rangers league debut (Video)August 30, 2015
- The best goals scored by Arsenal U19s as they won the Durban International Tournament (video)August 12, 2015
- Gedion Zelalem bags an inch-perfect gorgeous assist for Arsenal U19s v Celtic (Video)July 29, 2015