Gazzetta dello Sport: Manchester United offer €11m for Ajax wonderkid Viktor Fischer
- June 6, 2012
Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport claims today that Manchester United have offered 11 million euros for one of the hottest talents to come off the Ajax production line in sometime.
Here at 101gg, we have know about Fischer for a while and predicted in March that you should “remember the name” after the Danish attacking midfielder banged in a hat-trick for the Amsterdammers against Liverpool in the NextGen series.
The youth version of the Champions League undoubtedly brought Fischer to the attention of Sir Alex Ferguson and Manchester United scouts as the “new Christian Eriksen” finished joint top scorer and produced some excellent performances.
A hat-trick against Liverpool is likely to endear Fischer to Manchester United fans but his style of play would also light up Old Trafford as the youngster is an attacking midfielder who drifts in from the left wing and can also play as a classic number 10.
Following the capture of Shinji Kagawa, the capture of Fischer would suggest United are keen to improve on their creativity in midfield but would be somewhat of a gamble since the starlet is a long way from being a first team regular at Ajax.
Video of Viktor Fischer, 17, in action is here:
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”189434″]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...