“Gareth Bale cannot see himself wearing the white of Tottenham again” [Mail on Sunday]
- July 27, 2013
The Sunday back pages do not make good reading for Spurs fans and the prevailing assumption is that Gareth Bale will be playing for Real Madrid next season.
Reports in the Mail on Sunday, Observer and Sunday Mirror all suggest that Tottenham have rejected Real Madrid’s initial mammoth offer for Gareth Bale but that the Spanish giants will return with a second big bid to tempt Daniel Levy.
According to the Mail, Spurs turned down an 82 million pound bid from Real Madrid this week. The Observer suggest it was 86.3 million pounds (exactly 100 million euros). Whilst the Sunday Mirror go conservative, claiming it was an initial bid of 81 million pounds.
Whilst the fact that Daniel Levy has stood firm will not surprise Tottenham supporters, there are now widespread suggestions that Bale is keen to move this summer.
Joe Bernstein and Rob Draper write in the Mail on Sunday that Bale “cannot see himself wearing the white of Tottenham again… he has set his heart on a move to Madrid to play Champions League football.”
Whilst David Hytner writes in The Observer: “Bale is horrified by Levy’s intransigence. The chairman has the reputation as a tough negotiator but to Bale, the offer from Real is one that should be impossible to refuse. The world record transfer is Cristiano Ronaldo’s £80m move to Real from Manchester United in 2009. Bale cannot believe that Levy is blocking what could be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.”
The back page of the Mail on Sunday is below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi