- Jermain Defoe’s dream five-a-side team features Luka Modric and Steven Gerrard [Video]
- Man United target Aymeric Laporte wants move but Bilbao won’t sell for less than £31m buy-out clause
- Real Madrid unveil new signing Lucas Silva to the media [Video]
- Victor Valdes makes his first Man United appearance for the U21s vs Liverpool U21s [Vine]
- Robin van Persie: Scoring five goals against Cambridge isn’t easy but we must make our own luck
Former Liverpool forward Dirk Kuyt misses open goal for Fenerbahce at Plzen
During his time at Liverpool, this was the sort of chance Dirk Kuyt would regularly put away.
Since leaving Liverpool in the summer, Dirk Kuyt has had a successful time in Turkey, although his initial flurry of goals during his opening games for Fenerbahce has dried up.
The Dutch forward hasn’t scored since mid-January and Kuyt is unlikely to be presented with an easier chance than the one he ballooned over the bar against Viktoria Plzen on Thursday night.
Kuyt’s blushes were spared as Fenerbahce would go on to win 1-0 but his miss may well live long in the memory.
It has already been compared to one of the worst open goal misses in Turkish football history: Daniel Amokachi for Besiktas against Valencia.
Liverpool fans will remember Amokachi well as he played for city rivals Everton. See his infamous miss on the second video below.
- Updated: March 7, 2013