Former Liverpool forward Dirk Kuyt misses open goal for Fenerbahce at Plzen
- March 7, 2013
During his time at Liverpool, this was the sort of chance Dirk Kuyt would regularly put away.
Since leaving Liverpool in the summer, Dirk Kuyt has had a successful time in Turkey, although his initial flurry of goals during his opening games for Fenerbahce has dried up.
The Dutch forward hasn’t scored since mid-January and Kuyt is unlikely to be presented with an easier chance than the one he ballooned over the bar against Viktoria Plzen on Thursday night.
Kuyt’s blushes were spared as Fenerbahce would go on to win 1-0 but his miss may well live long in the memory.
It has already been compared to one of the worst open goal misses in Turkish football history: Daniel Amokachi for Besiktas against Valencia.
Liverpool fans will remember Amokachi well as he played for city rivals Everton. See his infamous miss on the second video below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...