- Liverpool target Aston Villa’s Fabian Delph as Steven Gerrard replacement [Mirror]
- Eden Hazard agrees £52m Chelsea deal taking him through to 2020 [Sun]
- FC United of Manchester sing songs for Eric Cantona and The Busby Babes [Video]
- Jose Mourinho tells Talksport he was ‘inches away’ from signing Thierry Henry – for Barça!
- Spurs’ Emmanuel Adebayor posts tribute to Thierry Henry with picture of pair from Arsenal days
Former Liverpool forward Dirk Kuyt misses open goal for Fenerbahce at Plzen
During his time at Liverpool, this was the sort of chance Dirk Kuyt would regularly put away.
Since leaving Liverpool in the summer, Dirk Kuyt has had a successful time in Turkey, although his initial flurry of goals during his opening games for Fenerbahce has dried up.
The Dutch forward hasn’t scored since mid-January and Kuyt is unlikely to be presented with an easier chance than the one he ballooned over the bar against Viktoria Plzen on Thursday night.
Kuyt’s blushes were spared as Fenerbahce would go on to win 1-0 but his miss may well live long in the memory.
It has already been compared to one of the worst open goal misses in Turkish football history: Daniel Amokachi for Besiktas against Valencia.
Liverpool fans will remember Amokachi well as he played for city rivals Everton. See his infamous miss on the second video below.
- Updated: March 7, 2013