- Pep Guardiola’s sarcastic applause to his medical staff after Benatia injury [Video]
- Manchester United keeper David De Gea has said ‘Yes’ to Real Madrid [Jugones]
- Liverpool train ahead of FA Cup semi-final v Aston Villa [Video]
- Liverpool’s Simon Mignolet talks about his turnaround in form pre-Aston Villa [Video]
- Nacer Chadli and Andros Townsend captain game of Football-Tennis at Spurs training [Video]
Former Liverpool forward Dirk Kuyt misses open goal for Fenerbahce at Plzen
- March 7, 2013
During his time at Liverpool, this was the sort of chance Dirk Kuyt would regularly put away.
Since leaving Liverpool in the summer, Dirk Kuyt has had a successful time in Turkey, although his initial flurry of goals during his opening games for Fenerbahce has dried up.
The Dutch forward hasn’t scored since mid-January and Kuyt is unlikely to be presented with an easier chance than the one he ballooned over the bar against Viktoria Plzen on Thursday night.
Kuyt’s blushes were spared as Fenerbahce would go on to win 1-0 but his miss may well live long in the memory.
It has already been compared to one of the worst open goal misses in Turkish football history: Daniel Amokachi for Besiktas against Valencia.
Liverpool fans will remember Amokachi well as he played for city rivals Everton. See his infamous miss on the second video below.