Fan Footage: Manchester United supporters sing lengthy Michael Carrick tune at QPR
- February 23, 2013
It is a sign of just how well Michael Carrick has been playing for Manchester United this season, that the travelling faithful rolled out a 10-15 minute sing-song celebrating the England midfielder at QPR today.
Derided by many, including the deluded Stan Collymore, Carrick has become a key presence in the Manchester United midfield, thanks to his fine positioning and excellent distribution ability.
At Loftus Road, Carrick produced a master class in the defensive midfield position and the Manchester United fans serenaded the former West Ham and Spurs playmaker with a lengthy sing song during the second half.
Whilst this tune has previously been heard at Old Trafford and at Manchester United away games, this is believed to be the longest its ever been heard at a game.
The words are pretty simple: “Hard to believe it’s not Scholes, it’s Carrick, you know.”
There isn’t much higher praise than being compared with Paul Scholes…
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi