Ex Man United chief exec David Gill claims club offered Juve’s Paul Pogba ‘a very good wage’ to stay
- March 19, 2014
Manchester United have capitulated following the exit of manager Sir Alex Ferguson and chief executive David Gill.
New manager David Moyes has transformed the side from Champions into Europa League hopefuls.
Central midfield is the obvious weak point of the squad, with United fans ruing the departure of Paul Pogba on a free in 2012.
The young French midfielder left after making only 3 Premier League appearances under Sir Alex Ferguson.
Speaking to RedCafe, David Gill claims Man United ‘did not hold anything back financially’ in an attempt to keep hold of Pogba.
Gill said “We did. We offered Pogba a very good wage, as well as a very generous fee for his agent. I don’t want to go into details, because it was a complex issue. However, what I can say is that we were very disappointed.
“Whenever a player is determined to leave and his contract allows it there is nothing we can do about it. I can assure you that we did not hold anything back, financially.”
- Simone Zaza joins Juventus from Sassuolo in €18 million transfer
- Juventus hero Claudio Marchisio meets fans after extending contract to 2020 [Video]
- Juventus post amazing Andrea Pirlo farewell compilation video after confirming NYCFC move
- Arturo Vidal indicates Arsenal or Madrid moves are bogus wearing special shinpads in th...
- Juve’s Arturo Vidal agrees 5-year contract with Real Madrid [La Tercera]
- Juve will use Isco as bargaining tool if Real Madrid bid for Fernando Llorente [Tuttosp...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi