Ex-Gunner Cesc Fabregas ‘liked’ a picture of pizza put on Instagram by Arseblog
- October 22, 2013
Following the release of Sir Alex Ferguson’s autobiography on Tuesday, one story which interested Arsenal fans was the Scot’s recollection of the famous Pizzagate incident back in 2004.
The “Battle of the Buffet” saw the Manchester United boss slapped around the face by a slice of pizza following a war of words with Arsene Wenger, after the French boss had accused Ruud van Nistelrooy of cheating in a 2-0 win for the Red Devils.
Until now rumours had always been that Cesc Fabregas was the Arsenal player responsible for hitting Fergie with the pizza slice, and now we have a bit more clarity on that issue.
My recollection of that fabled incident is that when Ruud van Nistelrooy came into the dressing room, he complained that Arsene Wenger had been giving him stick as he left the pitch. Right away I rushed out to say to Arsene: ‘You leave my players alone.’ He was incensed at losing the game. That was the reason for his combative behaviour.
The next thing I knew I had pizza all over me. They say it was Cesc Fabregas who threw the pizza at me but, to this day, I have no idea who the culprit was.
Following the release of this extract, influential Arsenal blogger Arseblog posted an image of a pizza slice onto his Instagram page.
Amazingly, Cesc Fabregas immediately liked the image, further suggesting that he was indeed responsible for Pizzagate.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...