Ex-Gunner Cesc Fabregas ‘liked’ a picture of pizza put on Instagram by Arseblog
Following the release of Sir Alex Ferguson’s autobiography on Tuesday, one story which interested Arsenal fans was the Scot’s recollection of the famous Pizzagate incident back in 2004.
The “Battle of the Buffet” saw the Manchester United boss slapped around the face by a slice of pizza following a war of words with Arsene Wenger, after the French boss had accused Ruud van Nistelrooy of cheating in a 2-0 win for the Red Devils.
Until now rumours had always been that Cesc Fabregas was the Arsenal player responsible for hitting Fergie with the pizza slice, and now we have a bit more clarity on that issue.
My recollection of that fabled incident is that when Ruud van Nistelrooy came into the dressing room, he complained that Arsene Wenger had been giving him stick as he left the pitch. Right away I rushed out to say to Arsene: ‘You leave my players alone.’ He was incensed at losing the game. That was the reason for his combative behaviour.
The next thing I knew I had pizza all over me. They say it was Cesc Fabregas who threw the pizza at me but, to this day, I have no idea who the culprit was.
Following the release of this extract, influential Arsenal blogger Arseblog posted an image of a pizza slice onto his Instagram page.
Amazingly, Cesc Fabregas immediately liked the image, further suggesting that he was indeed responsible for Pizzagate.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez explains why he named his dogs Atom & Humber (Video)December 9, 2016
- Arsene Wenger literally laughs off rumour about Mesut Ozil (Video)December 9, 2016
- Olivier Giroud sits down to discuss his career highlights (Video)December 9, 2016
- Arsenal starlet Iwobi talks about having Ozil and Sanchez as mentors [Guardian]December 9, 2016
- Andrea Pirlo visits former manager Antonio Conte at ChelseaDecember 9, 2016
- Chelsea & Man City charged by the FA. Cesc Fabregas gets away with itDecember 5, 2016
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to claim he snubbed Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas (Video)December 5, 2016
- Arsenal set to make incredible bid for Cesc Fabregas [Sunday Express]December 4, 2016
- Man Utd’s Henrikh Mkhitaryan talks about adapting to physicality of the Premier League (Video)December 10, 2016
- Spurs boss Pochettino insists Jose Mourinho is still ‘The Special One’ (Video)December 9, 2016
- Gary Neville responds to Liverpool goalkeeper Loris Karius on InstagramDecember 9, 2016
- Two Manchester United players make Europa League Team of the WeekDecember 9, 2016