Everton want Feyenoord and Dutch defenders Stefan de Vrij AND Bruno Martins Indi [De Telegraaf]
Are Everton about to sign two Holland defenders this summer?
De Telegraaf, the Dutch daily paper, announce on Monday that the Toffees are chasing Feyenoord and Holland defenders Stefan de Vrij and Bruno Martins Indi.
The paper reports that Everton coach Roberto Martinez is still at the World Cup, and that he is taking a personal interest in the two Feyenoord men.
According to De Telegraaf, Bruno Martins Indi was close to joining Everton last summer however the deal was put on ice after Leighton Baines decided to remain at Goodison Park rather than joinManchester United, as had been widely tipped at the time.
Not content with linking just two Dutch players to Everton, De Telegraad close their report by saying that Jeremain Lens is another possible target for the Blues.
Whether any of the deals come off remains to be seen.
- Eljero Elia, part of Feyenoord side that routs Twente 5-0, later Tweets apology
- Feyenoord v FC Twente: Online Live Streaming video [HD]
- Feyenoord defender Sven van Beek is on the verge of a Dutch record he doesn’t want (Video)
- Mad scenes: Feyenoord amazing local commentary on 95th minute winner v Ajax (Video)
- Chilling new details of the terrorist plot for Germany v Holland are revealed [Frankfurter Allgem...
- Was there an ambulance with explosives at Germany v Holland? Kreiszeitung explain their report
- German police find an ambulance with explosives near the Hannover stadium [Kreiszeitung]
- Germany and Netherlands friendly cancelled less than 90 minutes before kick-off after security alert