Everton set to sign Etienne Capoue for €10m to replace Marouane Fellaini
- January 14, 2013
Reports in France this evening suggest Everton are closing in on the signing of Toulouse midfielder Etienne Capoue.
Sud Ouest have revealed in the last few minutes that Capoue will undertake a medical with Everton in the next couple of days.
The French international (4 caps) is set for the Premier League with Everton and a transfer fee has been agreed with Toulouse for between 10 and 12 million euros.
Whilst Everton fans will welcome an expensive and glamorous signing, the deal will be bitter sweet as the suggestions in France are that Capoue has been brought in to replace Marouane Fellaini.
L’Equipe said last week that Fellaini would join Chelsea during this transfer window and it appears Everton boss David Moyes has brought in Capoue to cover the loss of the afro-haird Belgian.
Capoue is rated as one of the best players to have appeared for Toulouse in the last 20 years and undoubtedly has the physical attributes to succeed in the Premeir League.
The 24-year-old midfielder has played 18 times for Toulouse in 2012/2013, scoring three goals and picked up four yellow cards. Video evidence below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...