- Michael Owen doubles down on his belief that Liverpool’s Sterling is better than Arsenal’s Ozil [Video]
- Man United & Liverpool’s hopes to sign Memphis Depay complicated as Pep Guardiola reveals his hand
- Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus now faces a criminal record for driving without a licence [Bild]
- A defender in Sweden headbutts the crossbar after conceding a goal [Videos]
- Juventus may pay £50m to sign Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling as they gear up to sell Paul Pogba [Sun]
Dirty Divers? Gareth Bale & Luis Suarez are accused yet again after Liverpool 3 – Spurs 2
- March 10, 2013
It was billed as a match up between two of the form players in the Premier League and whilst both sides proved they are not one man teams respectively, Luis Suarez and Gareth Bale had a major impact on Liverpool’s 3-2 win over Spurs.
Suarez scored the Liverpool opener after a fine team move and was involved throughout, especially by winning the late penalty converted by Steven Gerrard.
Bale was also a constant threat to the Liverpool defence, again being deployed in a central role by Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas.
And, the Welsh flyer showed his threat from dead ball situations with both assists for Jan Vertonghen’s brace.
But, both Bale and Suarez have been accused of diving by opposition fans in the aftermath of Liverpool’s win over Spurs, which once again opens up the race for Champions League football via a top four finish in the Premier League.
The Spurs talisman was accused of feigning injury by Lucas when he won the free-kick from which Tottenham went 2-1 up.
Suarez meanwhile, made the most of Benoit Assou-Ekotto’s challenge for Steven Gerrard’s eventual match winning penalty.
GIFs of both incidents are below. Leave your thoughts in the comments.