Dirty Divers? Gareth Bale & Luis Suarez are accused yet again after Liverpool 3 – Spurs 2
- March 10, 2013
It was billed as a match up between two of the form players in the Premier League and whilst both sides proved they are not one man teams respectively, Luis Suarez and Gareth Bale had a major impact on Liverpool’s 3-2 win over Spurs.
Suarez scored the Liverpool opener after a fine team move and was involved throughout, especially by winning the late penalty converted by Steven Gerrard.
Bale was also a constant threat to the Liverpool defence, again being deployed in a central role by Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas.
And, the Welsh flyer showed his threat from dead ball situations with both assists for Jan Vertonghen’s brace.
But, both Bale and Suarez have been accused of diving by opposition fans in the aftermath of Liverpool’s win over Spurs, which once again opens up the race for Champions League football via a top four finish in the Premier League.
The Spurs talisman was accused of feigning injury by Lucas when he won the free-kick from which Tottenham went 2-1 up.
Suarez meanwhile, made the most of Benoit Assou-Ekotto’s challenge for Steven Gerrard’s eventual match winning penalty.
GIFs of both incidents are below. Leave your thoughts in the comments.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...