Didier Drogba removes name from Fredi Kanoute’s petition criticising UEFA decision to hold Euro 2013 in Israel
- December 7, 2012
A week ago we featured a petition led by Fredi Kanoute and including 62 football players that slammed Uefa’s decision to host the 2013 Under-21 European Championships in Israel.
Since Kanoute’s petition, which received plenty of coverage across the globe, the draw was made for Euro 2013 in Israel with England set to face the hosts in Group A and heavyweights Spain, Germany and Holland all drawn in the other group.
And, Kanoute has (on the quiet) lost some pretty high profile names from his petition with suggestions that they were originally not consulted by the former Spurs, West Ham and Sevilla striker.
Kanoute’s petition, on his personal website, now includes just 52 names, with Drogba joined by Newcastle’s Yohan Cabaye and the Ayew brothers from Marseille in removing themselves.
The most intriguing removal is Drogba, not just because of his high profile status but due to much criticism that was sent his way due to the fact he currently plays in China.
A list of the 10 players who removed their names is below followed by a video of a meeting earlier this week between Israel’s president Shimon Peres and Michel Platini which suggests Euro 2013 will indeed take place in the Holy Land.
André Ayew, Olympique de Marseille (France)
Jordan Ayew, Olympique de Marseille (France)
Yohan Cabaye, Newcastle United (UK)
Soulaymane Diawara, Olympique de Marseille (France)
Didier Drogba, Shanghaï Shenhua (China)
Rod Fanni, Olympique de Marseille (France)
Charles Kaboré, Olympique de Marseille (France)
Anthony Le Tallec, AJ Auxerre (France)
Steve Mandanda, Olympique de Marseille (France)
Arnold Mvuemba, Olympique Lyonnais (France)
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”265979″]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...