Did referee Mike Dean celebrate Romelu Lukaku’s West Brom goal v Fulham?
- January 2, 2013
Does Mike Dean now support Tottenham, QPR and West Brom?
Dean, the veteran Premier League referee, attracted plenty of attention on New Year’s Day for his excited reaction to Romelu Lukaku’s goal for West Brom against Fulham.
After the Chelsea loanee scored early in the second half at the Hawthorns, ref Dean was spotted on TV doing what looked like a celebratory jump after seeing the Belgian hit the back of the net.
In truth, Dean has a history of ‘celebrating’ Premier League goals.
Back in Febraury and then again in April 2012, eagle-eyed football watches spotted Dean making remarkable gestures after a Louis Saha goal for Tottenham against Arsenal and then again when Adel Taarabt scored for QPR against the Gunners.
@adamdnathan for bringing the below video to our attention.)
Watch referee Mike Dean appear to celebrate Romelu Lukaku’s West Brom goal v Fulham below, while tweets on the subject can be seen below the fold.
Mike Dean has just signalled Lukaku’s goal with the most expressive gesture I’ve ever seen!
— Tom Lowe (@LoweDown27) January 1, 2013
mike dean’s signal to award that Lukaku goal is outrageous. Does he think he’s on strictly?!
— Matt Roberts (@matt_roberts_) January 1, 2013
If you have Sky+ please rewind and watch how Mike Dean points to the centre-spot after Lukaku’s goal. Genuinely hilarious.
— George Dugdale (@GeorgeDugdale) January 1, 2013
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi