Deal off! Liverpool forward Fabio Borini rejects Sunderland return [Di Marzio]
It has been widely reported today that Sunderland and Liverpool had agreed a fee for Italian forward Fabio Borini.
After a season on loan at the Stadium of Light, Borini’s move from Liverpool to Sunderland for 14 million pounds felt like a formality earlier today.
On Saturday evening, Italian transfer guru Gianluca Di Marzio has revealed that Fabio Borini has rejected a Sunderland return and is set to hold out at Anfield for a better move.
Di Marzio has an almost faultless record when it comes to transfer news and he has revealed that Borini does not want to return to Sunderland.
The 23-year-old former Chelsea forward has told Brendan Rodgers that he wishes to stay at Anfield and is happy to see out the remaining two years of his contract at Liverpool.
It is understood that Borini is holding out for a move to Serie A and is hopeful of offers from the likes of Juventus and Inter Milan.
- Sunderland’s Fabio Borini says ex Liverpool man Mario Balotelli is the best he...
- Watch Fabio Borini’s 1st interview after completing his Sunderland move from Live...
- Sunderland rescue Fabio Borini from Liverpool nightmare in £10 million deal
- Liverpool & Sunderland fans make plenty of jokes on Fabio Borini’s potential...
- Sunderland boss Dick Advocaat refuses to confirm he’ll be the manager for the nex...
- Andy Tate hails Man United for breaking down the Sunderland bus (video)
- Kevin De Bruyne set up Raheem Sterling’s goal in win over Sunderland (Video)
- Sunderland’s Duncan Watmore stars with a hat-trick v Man City U21s (Official Video)