Deal off! Liverpool forward Fabio Borini rejects Sunderland return [Di Marzio]
- July 19, 2014
It has been widely reported today that Sunderland and Liverpool had agreed a fee for Italian forward Fabio Borini.
After a season on loan at the Stadium of Light, Borini’s move from Liverpool to Sunderland for 14 million pounds felt like a formality earlier today.
On Saturday evening, Italian transfer guru Gianluca Di Marzio has revealed that Fabio Borini has rejected a Sunderland return and is set to hold out at Anfield for a better move.
Di Marzio has an almost faultless record when it comes to transfer news and he has revealed that Borini does not want to return to Sunderland.
The 23-year-old former Chelsea forward has told Brendan Rodgers that he wishes to stay at Anfield and is happy to see out the remaining two years of his contract at Liverpool.
It is understood that Borini is holding out for a move to Serie A and is hopeful of offers from the likes of Juventus and Inter Milan.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]