Deal off! Liverpool forward Fabio Borini rejects Sunderland return [Di Marzio]
It has been widely reported today that Sunderland and Liverpool had agreed a fee for Italian forward Fabio Borini.
After a season on loan at the Stadium of Light, Borini’s move from Liverpool to Sunderland for 14 million pounds felt like a formality earlier today.
On Saturday evening, Italian transfer guru Gianluca Di Marzio has revealed that Fabio Borini has rejected a Sunderland return and is set to hold out at Anfield for a better move.
Di Marzio has an almost faultless record when it comes to transfer news and he has revealed that Borini does not want to return to Sunderland.
The 23-year-old former Chelsea forward has told Brendan Rodgers that he wishes to stay at Anfield and is happy to see out the remaining two years of his contract at Liverpool.
It is understood that Borini is holding out for a move to Serie A and is hopeful of offers from the likes of Juventus and Inter Milan.
Watch Live Stream
- Sunderland’s Fabio Borini compares himself to Bayern Munich star Thomas Muller [Guardian]April 29, 2016
- Fabio Borini accuses former Liverpool teammate Andre Wisdom of ‘almost breaking his leg’ (Video)April 16, 2016
- Erin Borini uploads sweet footage of her niece watching Fabio score v Chelsea (Instagram Video)December 20, 2015
- Sunderland’s Fabio Borini says ex Liverpool man Mario Balotelli is the best he’s ever played with (Video)September 17, 2015
- Bayern Munich want to sign Liverpool’s star asset [Express]September 25, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp reacts to Mamadou Sakho’s SnapChat updates (Video)September 24, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp says Liverpool’s first half was one of the best v Hull (Video)September 24, 2016
- Liverpool considered as possible title contenders after win over Hull [Tweets]September 24, 2016
- Jermain Defoe equals a Spurs & Man United legend in the EPL all-time scoring chartsSeptember 24, 2016
- Dimitri Seluk continues firing shots at Guardiola, tells him to go manage Sunderland [Quotes]September 22, 2016
- Man United old boy Paddy McNair lifts Sunderland to victory in the EFL Cup (Official Video)September 22, 2016
- David Moyes explains why Patrick van Aanholt was withdrawn pre Spurs v SunderlandSeptember 20, 2016