- Arsenal planning £30m move for Monaco’s Joao Moutinho [Express]
- Arsenal’s Oxlade-Chamberlain practices painting & fencing while doing keepy-ups in Lucozade ad [Video]
- Man Utd boss Louis van Gaal: ‘We didn’t buy Radamel Falcao because of his injuries’ [Video]
- Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho: ‘I enjoy the busy period’ [Video]
- Eliaquim Mangala shows off his silky skills with rainbow flicks at Manchester City training [Video]
Croatian wonderkid Alen Halilovic produces one of the worst dives EVER
The hype surrounding 16-year-old Croatian wonderkid Alen Halilovic has been rife for a couple of months now.
Halilovic has been billed as the “new Luka Modric” and made it onto our top 101 youngsters of 2012 list earlier this month
And he has also scored a couple of goals for Dinamo Zagreb as well as notching some Champions League appearances in a whirlwind introduction to top flight football in Croatia.
Predictably, the transfer gossips have been out in full force and Halilovic has recently been linked with big-money moves to the likes of Barcelona and Manchester City.
Causing Dinamo Zagreb’s sports director Zoran Mamic to say yesterday that Manchester City’s reported £9 million bid for Halilovic wasn’t true, adding “that wouldn’t even buy his left leg.”
Halilovic’s latest appearance came on Sunday in the Croatian top flight as Dinamo Zagreb lost their derby match to Zagreb 1-0.
One of Europe’s most hyped youngsters was brought on with 15 minutes to go and produced a horrific dive that will surely go viral as it is quite simply terrible.
Got to hope the hype machine hasn’t got to Halilovic’s head. He is after all just 16. We all made mistakes then!
- Updated: November 26, 2012