Croatian wonderkid Alen Halilovic produces one of the worst dives EVER
- November 26, 2012
The hype surrounding 16-year-old Croatian wonderkid Alen Halilovic has been rife for a couple of months now.
Halilovic has been billed as the “new Luka Modric” and made it onto our top 101 youngsters of 2012 list earlier this month
And he has also scored a couple of goals for Dinamo Zagreb as well as notching some Champions League appearances in a whirlwind introduction to top flight football in Croatia.
Predictably, the transfer gossips have been out in full force and Halilovic has recently been linked with big-money moves to the likes of Barcelona and Manchester City.
Causing Dinamo Zagreb’s sports director Zoran Mamic to say yesterday that Manchester City’s reported £9 million bid for Halilovic wasn’t true, adding “that wouldn’t even buy his left leg.”
Halilovic’s latest appearance came on Sunday in the Croatian top flight as Dinamo Zagreb lost their derby match to Zagreb 1-0.
One of Europe’s most hyped youngsters was brought on with 15 minutes to go and produced a horrific dive that will surely go viral as it is quite simply terrible.
Got to hope the hype machine hasn’t got to Halilovic’s head. He is after all just 16. We all made mistakes then!
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...