- 10Bet Exclusive Bonus: 50% Up To £200 Free!
- Bet365 Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- NetBet Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £100 Free!
- Bet365 Live streaming - Watch Live Sports
- BoyleSports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Ladbrokes Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Betfred Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25!
- Winner Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- 18Bet Exclusive Bonus: 150% Up To £30 Free!
- Betway Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Vernons Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25 Free!
Chelsea’s Michael Essien has FAILED a medical ahead of his free transfer to AC Milan [La Repubblica]
- Updated: January 26, 2014
Italian daily La Repubblica have an EXCLUSIVE this Sunday reporting that Chelsea’s Michael Essien has failed a medical ahead of his free transfer to AC Milan.
According to reports, Chelsea’s 31-year-old Ghanaian midfielder has failed his medical due to knee problems as well as “other crucial” tests.
Drilling down into the details, La Repubblica go on to say that Essien did not pass the first step of his medical examinations because of an old knee problem “which has already affected the performance in the recent seasons”. Somewhat surprisingly though, considering that revelation, it’s also stated that “Essien will be subjected to additional extensive testing at the Milan Lab facilities” in an effort to get the deal done.
If the Essien deal collapses it will be a major blow for new manager Clarence Seedorf after the Chelsea player was already pictured with an AC Milan shirt after arriving in Italy on Friday.
Moreover, even if the deal goes ahead, Essien’s ability to affect Milan’s wayward season is also now in major doubt as he has been flagged up as a health risk.
Milan now stand to be ridiculed from all quarters as they struggle with a midfield shortage following the deal to allow Antonio Nocerino to go on loan to West Ham.
To be fair Essien hobbled off the plane at Malpensa airport on crutches so what were the execs at AC Milan expecting? pic.twitter.com/MQ97E3bTms
— Nikolas Postinger (@nikpostinger) January 26, 2014
— Michael Essien FDTN (@bison5) January 26, 2014