- Man United fan campaign succeeds after Liverpool remove Mario Balotelli from POTY poll
- The top ten goals from round 32 of La Liga, featuring Antoine Griezmann overhead [Video]
- The goal of the night award goes to Clarence Seedorf [Video]
- Saint Etienne All-Stars beat Ronaldo, Zidane and friends 9-7 in epic charity match [Highlights]
- Ronaldo sends crowd wild with no-look pass to fellow Real Madrid old boy Zidane [Video]
Chelsea’s Michael Essien has FAILED a medical ahead of his free transfer to AC Milan [La Repubblica]
- January 26, 2014
Italian daily La Repubblica have an EXCLUSIVE this Sunday reporting that Chelsea’s Michael Essien has failed a medical ahead of his free transfer to AC Milan.
According to reports, Chelsea’s 31-year-old Ghanaian midfielder has failed his medical due to knee problems as well as “other crucial” tests.
Drilling down into the details, La Repubblica go on to say that Essien did not pass the first step of his medical examinations because of an old knee problem “which has already affected the performance in the recent seasons”. Somewhat surprisingly though, considering that revelation, it’s also stated that “Essien will be subjected to additional extensive testing at the Milan Lab facilities” in an effort to get the deal done.
If the Essien deal collapses it will be a major blow for new manager Clarence Seedorf after the Chelsea player was already pictured with an AC Milan shirt after arriving in Italy on Friday.
Moreover, even if the deal goes ahead, Essien’s ability to affect Milan’s wayward season is also now in major doubt as he has been flagged up as a health risk.
Milan now stand to be ridiculed from all quarters as they struggle with a midfield shortage following the deal to allow Antonio Nocerino to go on loan to West Ham.
To be fair Essien hobbled off the plane at Malpensa airport on crutches so what were the execs at AC Milan expecting? pic.twitter.com/MQ97E3bTms
— Nikolas Postinger (@nikpostinger) January 26, 2014
— Michael Essien FDTN (@bison5) January 26, 2014