Cautious Louis van Gaal dominates back pages as he tells Man United fans to be patient
- July 29, 2014
Louis van Gaal dominates the back pages tomorrow after telling Manchester United fans to be patient with him and to give him time.
The Express goes with the headline ‘There’s no quick fix’, referring to the fact that LVG said he inherited a broken team and one that would require a lot of work.
The Independent leads with ‘Van Gaal warns fans not to expect anything for three months’, despite the relatively convenient schedule that United have in the first couple of months of the season, it will take at least that amount of time for the team to perfect van Gaal’s tactical tweaks.
Lastly, The Times chose the headline ‘United will be slow starters, says Van Gaal’, again talking about the time it will talk United to adapt to the 3-5-2 formation he implements.
Is it all mind games from van Gaal, to lull United’s rivals, or a genuine warning to fans to wait for the football they desire?
- Louis van Gaal has blocked David De Gea’s move to Real Madrid [Marca]
- Manchester United set to bid £20million for Bayern Munich defender Jerome Boateng [Star]
- Man United closing in on £7.5m deal for Bastian Schweinsteiger [Sunday People]
- Man United boss Louis van Gaal wants Everton striker Romelu Lukaku [Sun Sport]
- Manchester United could tie up signing of Jasper Cillessen from Ajax this week [Telegraph]
- Man United complete the signing of Dutch midfielder Memphis Depay on four-year deal [Pi...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi