- The wealthiest football clubs on the planet and how they make their money [Graphic]
- Luis Figo announces his intentions to run against Sepp Blatter for FIFA President [Video]
- Arsenal man Mesut Ozil sends out (weird) emotional thank you video to all his fans [Video]
- Jose Mourinho blasts Jamie Redknapp & Rodgers; Bemoans media “campaign” against Diego Costa [Video]
- This week’s top 5 La Masia goals from Barcelona featured some absolute crackers [Video]
Cautious Louis van Gaal dominates back pages as he tells Man United fans to be patient
Louis van Gaal dominates the back pages tomorrow after telling Manchester United fans to be patient with him and to give him time.
The Express goes with the headline ‘There’s no quick fix’, referring to the fact that LVG said he inherited a broken team and one that would require a lot of work.
The Independent leads with ‘Van Gaal warns fans not to expect anything for three months’, despite the relatively convenient schedule that United have in the first couple of months of the season, it will take at least that amount of time for the team to perfect van Gaal’s tactical tweaks.
Lastly, The Times chose the headline ‘United will be slow starters, says Van Gaal’, again talking about the time it will talk United to adapt to the 3-5-2 formation he implements.
Is it all mind games from van Gaal, to lull United’s rivals, or a genuine warning to fans to wait for the football they desire?
- Updated: July 29, 2014