Cardiff owner Vincent Tan panned for telling manager Malky Mackay to ‘resign or he’ll be sacked’ via email
- December 19, 2013
Cardiff City’s eccentric Malaysian owner has made the sensationally crass (and spineless! and stupid!) move of emailing manager with the threatening correspondence to ‘resign or he’ll be sacked (with payoff).
Newly promoted Cardiff are 15th, a comfortable 4 points clear of relegation, and with a win over Man City and draw with Man United, the Weslhmen are punching well above their weight.
As such, Tan’s mail comes over even worse in the context of their season so far.
Tan, the man who wears Cardiff’s jersey tucked in to highly-worn pants, has taken one eccentric step too far it seems…
Knowing Vincent Tan, he'll give the manager's job to the 21-year-old who helps sells burgers at half-time
— Sachin Nakrani (@SachinNakrani) December 19, 2013
The problem for Cardiff is this: which manager with any pride/dignity/ambition would want to work for Vincent Tan next?
— Daniel Taylor (@DTguardian) December 19, 2013
Vincent Tan is one of the worst things to happen to football shortly after carson yeung
— Samwise Gamgee (@Danniboizzzzzzz) December 19, 2013
Ludicrous hypergrief for sacked/soon-to-be-sacked managers. Malky Mackay is basically Tiny Tim to Vincent Tan's Ebenezer Scrooge right now.
— Football Clichés (@FootballCliches) December 19, 2013
Be fair to Vincent Tan. He may be an idiot, but at least he's not tried to rename Cardiff City to the Cardiff Dragons. Or hire AVB.
— Chris Denton (@severusd) December 19, 2013
Vincent Tan is a disgrace. But endemic of modern football. Hull and Coventry 2 other examples of terrible owners that must go.
— Christopher Feetenby (@chrisf91) December 19, 2013
Vincent Tan's got some poker face, eh? "Malky. Leave your money and go, or……Stay, and take mine." *Winks*
— Ciarán Ó Raghallaigh (@Ciaran_O) December 19, 2013
"Malky, I want you to resign." "And if I don't?" "I'll pay up your contract and sack you." Vincent Tan: world's thickest Macchiavelli.
— Rory Smith (@RorySmithTimes) December 19, 2013
It's a crying shame no one has done a musical mash-up of Vincent Tan and Roman Abramovich to the style of Jungle Books "I wanna be like you"
— Anton (@Aristotleish) December 19, 2013
Vincent Tan + Paolo Di Canio. It's the only solution
— Chris Lepkowski (@chrislepkowski) December 19, 2013
- Cardiff 2 – Watford 1: Troy Deeney scores for the Hornets, Joe Mason hits a doubl...
- FA take no action against Malky Mackay & Iain Moody over alleged racist, homophobi...
- Ex Cardiff striker Jay Bothroyd pulls off unreal piece of skill for Júbilo Iwata in Jap...
- Ipswich midfielder Cole Skuse nets wondergoal to end 3 year goal drought [Official Video]
- Ex-Cardiff forward Andreas Cornelius suffers a horrible leg break for FC Copenhagen [Vi...
- Bournemouth were controversially denied a freak winner v Cardiff in a 1-1 draw [Officia...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi