Brazilian legend Ronaldo welcomes Miroslav Klose to the World Cup top goalscorers club on Twitter
Brazilian legend Ronaldo wasted little time extend his public congratulations to Germany striker Miroslav Klose on Saturday night.
Klose, 36, made World Cup history for Germany against Ghana when he scored his 15th goal at the World Cup finals.
The Mannshaft attacker is now level on goals with the Il Fenomeno, however the German still has at least one more match, against the United States, to score one more goal to rewrite the World Cup history books forever.
After the Germany-Ghana game, Ronaldo took to Twitter to write the following statements:
Welcome to the Club #klose I imagine your happiness!!!! What a beautiful World Cup!!!
Welcome to the club #Klose.
In the mother of coincidences, it’s worth noting that Ronaldo broke Gerd Müller’s record in Germany, while Klose equalled Ronaldo’s record in Brazil. Both players were playing against Ghana too.
Watch Live Stream
- Gabriel Jesus defends Neymar for abusing a Brazil fan after the Olympics finalAugust 24, 2016
- Brazil fan uses Facebook & his Olympics football final tickets to get a jobAugust 23, 2016
- Neymar continues to get close to ex girlfriend Bruna Marquezine (Videos)August 22, 2016
- After winning Olympic gold, Neymar lost it with a Brazil fan in the Maracana crowd (Video)August 22, 2016
- Germany’s Robert Bauer apologises for trolling Brazil after losing at the OlympicsAugust 21, 2016
- Ex-Arsenal man Lukas Podolski retires from German National Team, teammates pay tribute [Tweets]August 15, 2016
- Thierry Henry-esque: Arsenal’s Serge Gnabry scores yet again as Germany win 4-0 (Video)August 13, 2016
- Arsenal’s Serge Gnabry scored twice for Germany in a 10-0 win v Fiji (Video)August 11, 2016
- Serie A publish tribute video for Udinese & Lazio legends Antonio Di Natale & Miroslav KloseMay 20, 2016
- World Cup legends Ronaldo and Klose scout street footballers in new Nike ad [Video]June 24, 2015
- Still got it: Miroslav Klose scores a glorious lob in Sami Khedira’s charity match [video]June 14, 2015
- Miroslav Klose retires from international football [Best Tweets]August 11, 2014