Brazilian legend Ronaldo welcomes Miroslav Klose to the World Cup top goalscorers club on Twitter
Brazilian legend Ronaldo wasted little time extend his public congratulations to Germany striker Miroslav Klose on Saturday night.
Klose, 36, made World Cup history for Germany against Ghana when he scored his 15th goal at the World Cup finals.
The Mannshaft attacker is now level on goals with the Il Fenomeno, however the German still has at least one more match, against the United States, to score one more goal to rewrite the World Cup history books forever.
After the Germany-Ghana game, Ronaldo took to Twitter to write the following statements:
Welcome to the Club #klose I imagine your happiness!!!! What a beautiful World Cup!!!
Welcome to the club #Klose.
In the mother of coincidences, it’s worth noting that Ronaldo broke Gerd Müller’s record in Germany, while Klose equalled Ronaldo’s record in Brazil. Both players were playing against Ghana too.
Watch Live Stream
- Futsal legend Falcao scores genius free-kick in final Brazil game (video)September 22, 2016
- Neymar has a new tattoo to celebrate winning the Olympics with Brazil (Video)September 16, 2016
- The form of Liverpool’s Philippe Coutinho is bad news for Chelsea’s WillianSeptember 8, 2016
- Barcelona’s Neymar taken down by pitch invader during Brazil open training session (Video)September 4, 2016
- Germany Keeper Manuel Neuer pulls off a Cruyff Turn v Norway [GIF]September 4, 2016
- Germany’s Mesut Ozil sets up Thomas Muller to score the most Thomas Muller goal ever (Video)September 4, 2016
- Classless: Man United fail to even acknowledge massive night for Bastian SchweinsteigerSeptember 1, 2016
- Arsenal’s Shkodran Mustafi individual highlights for Germany v Finland (Video)September 1, 2016
- Serie A publish tribute video for Udinese & Lazio legends Antonio Di Natale & Miroslav KloseMay 20, 2016
- World Cup legends Ronaldo and Klose scout street footballers in new Nike ad [Video]June 24, 2015
- Still got it: Miroslav Klose scores a glorious lob in Sami Khedira’s charity match [video]June 14, 2015
- Miroslav Klose retires from international football [Best Tweets]August 11, 2014