Belgian paper: Eden Hazard asks Google to erase references to poor performance v Argentina!
This is one of the most bizarre football stories we have heard of for some time!
Belgian newspaper Lavenir claim today that Chelsea forward Eden Hazard has asked Google to erase all references to his poor performance against Argentina in the World Cup quarter-final from their search engine.
Hazard severely under performed against Lionel Messi and co. in the World Cup quarter-final, losing 1-0 to an early Gonzalo Higuain goal.
The Chelsea attacker was more or less anonymous throughout and was panned on forums, social media, in comments sections and received very low marks from those who rated the players out of 10 in both Belgium and across the planet.
Currently any individual can ask Google to erase certain search results under the “right to be forgotten” concept which has been upheld in European law. It has also been put into effect in Argentina.
According to Lavenir, Hazard has filled in the online forms to ensure his poor performance against Argentina is not featured high on Google and the request is being processed.
Hazard is keen to remove any references to a score lower than 4/10 for his performance against Argentina. And, does not want Google to show results where he is named as one of the flops of the World Cup.
Apparently, Hazard is not the only sportsman to try the “right to be forgotten” Google law but this story should probably be taken with a pinch of salt we think…
Maybe its April Fool’s day in Belgium?!
Watch Live Stream
- Thierry Henry named as assistant boss to Belgium manager Roberto MartinezAugust 26, 2016
- Vincent Kompany promises to donate all future Belgium earnings to charity (Video)August 10, 2016
- Confirmed: Romelu Lukaku’s reaction during the Man United game was about Roberto MartinezAugust 5, 2016
- Madness: Belgium appoint Roberto Martinez as new manager to the shock of Football [Tweets]August 3, 2016
- Chelsea & Arsenal remain interested in James Rodriguez [AS]August 26, 2016
- Chelsea’s official channel destroy a Spurs fan on FacebookAugust 26, 2016
- Chelsea fans react angrily on Twitter to club’s announcement of goalkeeper EduardoAugust 25, 2016
- AC Milan confirm rejection of huge Chelsea offer for Alessio Romagnoli [Official Statement]August 25, 2016
- Eden Hazard & Michy Batshuayi share a comedy interview after Chelsea beat Watford (Video)August 21, 2016
- Eden Hazard talked about himself in the 3rd person after Chelsea 2 – West Ham 1 (Video)August 16, 2016
- Eden Hazard discusses Antonio Conte’s tactical changes at Chelsea (video)August 14, 2016
- Eden Hazard’s brilliant individual highlights for Chelsea v Werder Bremen (Video)August 8, 2016