Belgian paper: Eden Hazard asks Google to erase references to poor performance v Argentina!
This is one of the most bizarre football stories we have heard of for some time!
Belgian newspaper Lavenir claim today that Chelsea forward Eden Hazard has asked Google to erase all references to his poor performance against Argentina in the World Cup quarter-final from their search engine.
Hazard severely under performed against Lionel Messi and co. in the World Cup quarter-final, losing 1-0 to an early Gonzalo Higuain goal.
The Chelsea attacker was more or less anonymous throughout and was panned on forums, social media, in comments sections and received very low marks from those who rated the players out of 10 in both Belgium and across the planet.
Currently any individual can ask Google to erase certain search results under the “right to be forgotten” concept which has been upheld in European law. It has also been put into effect in Argentina.
According to Lavenir, Hazard has filled in the online forms to ensure his poor performance against Argentina is not featured high on Google and the request is being processed.
Hazard is keen to remove any references to a score lower than 4/10 for his performance against Argentina. And, does not want Google to show results where he is named as one of the flops of the World Cup.
Apparently, Hazard is not the only sportsman to try the “right to be forgotten” Google law but this story should probably be taken with a pinch of salt we think…
Maybe its April Fool’s day in Belgium?!
Watch Live Stream
- Kevin De Bruyne’s injury may trigger a special coming together for the Hazard brothers [HLN]September 26, 2016
- Jordan Lukaku and Belgium outclassed by Spain as new era gets off to dire start [Tweets]September 1, 2016
- Roberto Martinez and Thierry Henry send a message out to Belgium supporters (Video)September 1, 2016
- Arsenal legend Thierry Henry to give his full Belgium salary to charityAugust 31, 2016
- Chelsea boss Antonio Conte wants to sign Burnley star Michael Keane this January [Mirror]September 27, 2016
- Chelsea & Liverpool stars battle Kevin De Bruyne & Michail Antonio for a Premier League awardSeptember 27, 2016
- AC Milan prepare a big money move for a Chelsea midfielder [CalcioMercatoWeb]September 27, 2016
- Roman Abramovich gives Chelsea’s Antonio Conte the dreaded vote of confidence [Times]September 27, 2016
- Eden Hazard & N’Golo Kante deliver frank assessment of Arsenal 3 – Chelsea 0 [SFR Sport]September 25, 2016
- FPL managers dump Man United & Chelsea stars in their drovesSeptember 21, 2016
- Eden Hazard puts Jose Mourinho on blast with praise for new Chelsea bossSeptember 7, 2016
- Chelsea’s Eden Hazard wins a Premier League awardSeptember 6, 2016