Belgian paper: Eden Hazard asks Google to erase references to poor performance v Argentina!
This is one of the most bizarre football stories we have heard of for some time!
Belgian newspaper Lavenir claim today that Chelsea forward Eden Hazard has asked Google to erase all references to his poor performance against Argentina in the World Cup quarter-final from their search engine.
Hazard severely under performed against Lionel Messi and co. in the World Cup quarter-final, losing 1-0 to an early Gonzalo Higuain goal.
The Chelsea attacker was more or less anonymous throughout and was panned on forums, social media, in comments sections and received very low marks from those who rated the players out of 10 in both Belgium and across the planet.
Currently any individual can ask Google to erase certain search results under the “right to be forgotten” concept which has been upheld in European law. It has also been put into effect in Argentina.
According to Lavenir, Hazard has filled in the online forms to ensure his poor performance against Argentina is not featured high on Google and the request is being processed.
Hazard is keen to remove any references to a score lower than 4/10 for his performance against Argentina. And, does not want Google to show results where he is named as one of the flops of the World Cup.
Apparently, Hazard is not the only sportsman to try the “right to be forgotten” Google law but this story should probably be taken with a pinch of salt we think…
Maybe its April Fool’s day in Belgium?!
Watch Live Stream
- Marc Wilmots accuses Chelsea’s Courtois of being a mole, reveals Thibaut’s criticisms of Conte (L’Equipe Video)November 22, 2016
- Jan Vertonghen celebrates his 500th game with an heart-warming Instagram postNovember 17, 2016
- Brilliant Belgium mannequin challenge, featuring Chelsea & Spurs stars (video)November 15, 2016
- Everton’s Romelu Lukaku scores twice for Belgium (Video)November 13, 2016
- David Luiz films his Chelsea trio in great mood ahead of West Brom (videos)December 10, 2016
- Arsenal fan Moh slams ‘disgusting’ Chelsea over the sex abuse scandal (Video)December 10, 2016
- Chelsea v West Brom: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsDecember 10, 2016
- Two Chelsea legends return to the club during MLS off-seasonDecember 10, 2016
- Revealed: Chelsea paid less for Eden Hazard than first thoughtDecember 6, 2016
- Chelsea’s November Goal of the Month list is seriously impressive (video)December 5, 2016
- Chelsea’s Eden Hazard rounds the Man City keeper, scores into empty net. Right?December 3, 2016
- Chelsea’s Eden Hazard discounts Arsenal, sees the Premier League title as a 3-horse raceNovember 28, 2016