Belgian paper: Eden Hazard asks Google to erase references to poor performance v Argentina!
This is one of the most bizarre football stories we have heard of for some time!
Belgian newspaper Lavenir claim today that Chelsea forward Eden Hazard has asked Google to erase all references to his poor performance against Argentina in the World Cup quarter-final from their search engine.
Hazard severely under performed against Lionel Messi and co. in the World Cup quarter-final, losing 1-0 to an early Gonzalo Higuain goal.
The Chelsea attacker was more or less anonymous throughout and was panned on forums, social media, in comments sections and received very low marks from those who rated the players out of 10 in both Belgium and across the planet.
Currently any individual can ask Google to erase certain search results under the “right to be forgotten” concept which has been upheld in European law. It has also been put into effect in Argentina.
According to Lavenir, Hazard has filled in the online forms to ensure his poor performance against Argentina is not featured high on Google and the request is being processed.
Hazard is keen to remove any references to a score lower than 4/10 for his performance against Argentina. And, does not want Google to show results where he is named as one of the flops of the World Cup.
Apparently, Hazard is not the only sportsman to try the “right to be forgotten” Google law but this story should probably be taken with a pinch of salt we think…
Maybe its April Fool’s day in Belgium?!
- Belgium boss Marc Wilmots encourages Marouane Fellaini to leave Manchester United in January
- Belgium police called to a hotel after Roma’s Radja Nainggolan was suspected of being a ter...
- Belgium v Spain cancelled because Salah Abdeslam was seen near the Stade Roi Baudouin [Le Soir]
- Friendly between Belgium and Spain cancelled due to raised terror threat [Tweets]
- Incredible Champions League statistic about Chelsea free-kick specialist Willian
- Jose Mourinho on needing a calculator & fighting with Diego Costa (Video)
- Chelsea’s Oscar explains Maccabi Tel Aviv goal celebration on Instagram
- Fan calls for ex-Chelsea doctor Eva Carneiro to solve Gunners injury problems (Arsenal Fan TV Video)