Belgian paper: Eden Hazard asks Google to erase references to poor performance v Argentina!
This is one of the most bizarre football stories we have heard of for some time!
Belgian newspaper Lavenir claim today that Chelsea forward Eden Hazard has asked Google to erase all references to his poor performance against Argentina in the World Cup quarter-final from their search engine.
Hazard severely under performed against Lionel Messi and co. in the World Cup quarter-final, losing 1-0 to an early Gonzalo Higuain goal.
The Chelsea attacker was more or less anonymous throughout and was panned on forums, social media, in comments sections and received very low marks from those who rated the players out of 10 in both Belgium and across the planet.
Currently any individual can ask Google to erase certain search results under the “right to be forgotten” concept which has been upheld in European law. It has also been put into effect in Argentina.
According to Lavenir, Hazard has filled in the online forms to ensure his poor performance against Argentina is not featured high on Google and the request is being processed.
Hazard is keen to remove any references to a score lower than 4/10 for his performance against Argentina. And, does not want Google to show results where he is named as one of the flops of the World Cup.
Apparently, Hazard is not the only sportsman to try the “right to be forgotten” Google law but this story should probably be taken with a pinch of salt we think…
Maybe its April Fool’s day in Belgium?!
- Benteke’s transfer fee to Liverpool dwarfs Eden Hazard’s cost, or what Man ...
- Thibaut Courtois praises Wales and Gareth Bale after Belgium’s defeat [Video]
- Wales v Belgium: The big match preview for the Euro 2016 qualifier [Video]
- Belgium paper Sportwereld had an eye-catching picture of Man United’s Marouane Fe...
- Outrageous Acca: Back Belgium, Italy & Holland to win at enormous 28/1 odds!!!
- Belgium release brilliant fan footage of game v France [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
YOU MAY ALSO TRY SEARCHING
- Feature: The shadow of Miami Marlins continues to loom over Beckham’s MLS stadium...
- Arsenal fan corrects Manchester United website over erroneous FA Cup record claim
- Twitter trolls target Hulk Hogan with pictures of Man United & Arsenal players [Tw...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer thus far ft. Man United & Liverp...
- Ex-Arsenal man Andrey Arshavin laughs like a wierdo in Hulk’s latest viral video
- Chelsea are close to completing a deal for Galatasaray left-back Alex Telles (Di Marzio)
- Dutch FA troll relentless Mexican fan after Robben’s dive inspired a year of tweets
- MLS side Montreal Impact announce the signing of Didier Drogba (Video)