- Newcastle v Everton [Team Sheets]
- Man United’s Juan Mata: “White Hart Lane is always a difficult stadium”
- Cesc Fabregas booked for diving v Southampton, should have been a penalty
- Man United’s Louis van Gaal on second-half vs. Spurs: “It was a struggle for life” [Graphic]
- Mauricio Pochettino “very pleased” with Spurs draw v Man United
BEAST MODE: Akinfenwa looked like an NFL professional next to Chelsea’s players [Pictures]
Apologies to Ade Akinfenwa for denying his dedication to his physique earlier, it’s now clear to us that he’s going to look a little odd when storming around the pitch due to his massive frame!
Those expecting to see the world’s strongest footballer, Adebayo Akinfenwa, weren’t disappointed as the forward with the body of an NFL athlete started against Chelsea today in their pre-season friendly with Wimbledon.
We thought initially that Akinfenwa had gained weight, a struggle that some footballers can be pitted against, even Hatem Ben Arfa was handed a fine by Newcastle for the pounds he piled on during the break.
But we’ll hold our hands up and say we’re wrong, we’re a fan of the big striker and we’ll gladly see him resume his duties as football’s resident muscly journeyman striker.
- Updated: July 19, 2014