Bayern & Swiss star Xherdan Shaqiri is close to joining Liverpool, his agent is now in England [Gianluca Di Marzio]
- June 26, 2014
No sooner had Xherdan Shaqiri completed his incredible World Cup hat-trick for Switzerland against Honduras, and the transfer rumours started up again.
Gianluca Di Marzio, arguably the best transfer story guru in Europe, has reported overnight that the Bayern Munich midfielder is “close” to joining Liverpool.
Of course, Liverpool’s pursuit of Shaqiri is nothing new, while recent weeks had seen many claim Shaqiri would be staying at the Allainz Arena, particularly having regard to the injury issues surrounding Franck Ribery.
Yet all of a sudden, Shaqiri’s move to Anfield appears to be a lock.
The Swiss footballer, who scored three goals today in the World Cup, is liked by Milan and Roma, but Liverpool has the advantage over the other teams.
Shaqiri’s brother, who is also his agent is currently in England to meet with Liverpool’s management and discuss the economic details of the contract.
His departure from Bayern Munich is close, Shaqiri appears to be heading to the Premier League.
Unfortunately there is no details on the transfer fee, nor any information on the potential deal the Swiss star would sign at Liverpool. Saying that, should the transfer be completed, the Reds will be buying a special player who would no doubt enhance their options in midfield dramatically.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]