Basel’s Egyptian Mohamad Salah refuses to shake hands with Maccabi Tel Aviv
- July 31, 2013
There was an unsavoury incident in one of the Champions League qualifiers on Tuesday night and you wonder whether UEFA will investigate.
Basel’s star winger, Egyptian Mohamad Salah, went to great lengths to avoid shaking hands with Israeli opponents Maccabi Tel Aviv.
Salah, positioned a pair of boots on the side of the pitch and avoided the pre-match handshakes under the pretence of changing his orange Adidas footwear.
Whilst Salah’s performance in the 1-0 win over the Israeli champions has been praised, the Swiss press have condemned his actions pre-match.
It seems almost certain that Salah will not travel to Israel for the second leg of the Champions League match which is another sad indictment on UEFA’s handling of this situation.
A picture of Mohamad Salah “changing his boots” whilst avoiding the Israeli opposition is below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi