Basel’s Egyptian Mohamad Salah refuses to shake hands with Maccabi Tel Aviv
- July 31, 2013
There was an unsavoury incident in one of the Champions League qualifiers on Tuesday night and you wonder whether UEFA will investigate.
Basel’s star winger, Egyptian Mohamad Salah, went to great lengths to avoid shaking hands with Israeli opponents Maccabi Tel Aviv.
Salah, positioned a pair of boots on the side of the pitch and avoided the pre-match handshakes under the pretence of changing his orange Adidas footwear.
Whilst Salah’s performance in the 1-0 win over the Israeli champions has been praised, the Swiss press have condemned his actions pre-match.
It seems almost certain that Salah will not travel to Israel for the second leg of the Champions League match which is another sad indictment on UEFA’s handling of this situation.
A picture of Mohamad Salah “changing his boots” whilst avoiding the Israeli opposition is below.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...