Awesome! The Argentina squad, led by Messi & Mascherano, donated $135k WC bonus to cancer hospital
- July 16, 2014
Reports have emerged of a fantastic gesture from the Argentina squad that came runners-up at the World Cup after losing 1-0 to Germany in last Sunday’s final.
The World Cup runners-up donated 135,000 dollars to the paediatric cancer centre at the Hospital Garrahan in Buenos Aires.
This donation was made through the Lionel Messi Foundation that has previously given money to Hospital Garrahan.
According to widespread reports in Argentina, this donation was made at the behest of the two leaders of the Argentina side on the pitch: Lionel Messi and Javier Mascherano.
Messi and his foundation have had a link to the hospital since 2010.
The World Cup bonus money that was donated will ensure better quality of care for children with cancer, with 20 clinics, 70 outpatient beds and 20 beds for prolonged chemotherapy, in a total area of 4,800 square meters.
World Cup bonuses and their use has been the subject of much controversy for countries such as Ghana and Cameroon before and during the tournament.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...