- 19-year-old Davie Selke’s sweet curler for Werder Bremen v Borussia Dortmund [Official Video]
- Bad news for Liverpool. No team has finished higher than 6th after been 10th at Xmas [Graphic]
- Arsenal’s Yaya Sanogo a loan target for Crystal Palace in January [Mirror]
- Liverpool loanee Luis Alberto scored 27 seconds after coming on for Malaga v Elche [Video]
- Nuts! Bayern’s Manuel Neuer let in only his 4th goal in 17 league games v Mainz [Official Video]
AVB leaves with highest win % of any Spurs Premier League manager [graphic]
Did Andre Villas-Boas have to go?
It became pretty clear that Spurs would sack AVB after hammerings within a month to Manchester City and Liverpool, but the incredible graphic above proves the Portuguese 36-year-old did do a decent job at White Hart Lane.
The Tottenham board sold their best player of the Premier League era in Gareth Bale for big bucks to Real Madrid, what did they expect from AVB?
And, whilst many have and will point to the departure of Harry Redknapp – the current QPR boss screwed Spurs up big time at a crucial period in season 2011/2012.
Spurs were a shoo-in for third spot in the Premier League. As a result, they would have knocked out Arsenal from the top four.
Instead, they folded – mainly due to supposed interest from England in ‘Arry – and Tottenham have not recovered since.
Chelsea won the Champions League, knocked Spurs out the premier competition in Europe and AVB could not reverse the trend…
And, one more fact to stick salt in the wounds of Spurs fans: Tottenham Hotspur’s next manager will be their 12th different manager during Arsene Wenger’s time at Arsenal.
- Updated: December 16, 2013