- Incredible goalkeeper throw assist from Iran! Alireza Beiranvand (Naft Tehran) v Tractor Sazi [Video]
- Steward took ‘Wenger Out’ poster out an Arsenal fan’s hands at the Man United game [Pictures]
- RISK FREE: Back Southampton to beat Aston Villa at 5/1 + money back if you lose!!!!
- Awesome scissors kick Golazo! Yann Kermorgant for Bournemouth v Ipswich
- Individual highlights of Leo Messi’s (Barcelona) record-breaking hat-trick performance v Sevilla [Video]
AVB leaves with highest win % of any Spurs Premier League manager [graphic]
Did Andre Villas-Boas have to go?
It became pretty clear that Spurs would sack AVB after hammerings within a month to Manchester City and Liverpool, but the incredible graphic above proves the Portuguese 36-year-old did do a decent job at White Hart Lane.
The Tottenham board sold their best player of the Premier League era in Gareth Bale for big bucks to Real Madrid, what did they expect from AVB?
And, whilst many have and will point to the departure of Harry Redknapp – the current QPR boss screwed Spurs up big time at a crucial period in season 2011/2012.
Spurs were a shoo-in for third spot in the Premier League. As a result, they would have knocked out Arsenal from the top four.
Instead, they folded – mainly due to supposed interest from England in ‘Arry – and Tottenham have not recovered since.
Chelsea won the Champions League, knocked Spurs out the premier competition in Europe and AVB could not reverse the trend…
And, one more fact to stick salt in the wounds of Spurs fans: Tottenham Hotspur’s next manager will be their 12th different manager during Arsene Wenger’s time at Arsenal.
- Updated: December 16, 2013