AVB did not want £56m Spurs summer signings Lamela, Chadli, Chiriches & Eriksen [Daily Mail]
- December 18, 2013
The cracks at Tottenham are widened in the Daily Mail on Thursday as news comes out that Andre Villas-Boas did not approve of four summer signings made by Daniel Levy and Franco Baldini at Tottenham in the summer.
According to Matt Barlow:
Andre Villas-Boas did not approve four of Tottenham’s summer signings and asked chairman Daniel Levy not to buy them.
Villas-Boas objected to the acquisitions of Erik Lamela, Nacer Chadli, Vlad Chiriches and Christian Eriksen, a quartet who cost Spurs a total of £56million, but his judgement was overruled.
Of Tottenham’s seven recruits, Villas-Boas wanted only Paulinho, Etienne Capoue and Roberto Soldado. The rest were identified by Levy and technical director Franco Baldini.
The picture being painted in the Mail is that there is a behind the scenes power struggle at White Hat Lane in which AVB lost out to the combined will of Daniel Levy and Franco Baldini behind the scenes.
It goes without saying that, Chiriches aside, all of the reported players whom AVB is said to have disliked have largely failed to hit high notes at Tottenham since arriving at the club in the summer.
Should Spurs have listened to AVB more?
A copy of the backpage of the Daily Mail on Thursday is below.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...