Atletico set to sign Benfica goalie Jan Oblak, points to Thibaut Courtois going back to Chelsea [A Bola]
- July 3, 2014
According to the front page of Portuguese paper A Bola, Atletico Madrid are set to sign Benfica goalie Jan Oblak for €20 million.
€20 million would be the amount Diego Simeone’s side need to pay to get the Slovenian out of his release clause at the Stadium of Light in Lisbon.
With regard to who will come in at Benfica once Oblak departs, several rumours are doing the rounds.
One name, who keeps getting linked to the Vicente Calderon, is 22-year-old Estudiantes keeper Gerónimo Rulli, while Marca are alleging that French goalie Josuha Guilavogui, who has been on loan at Atletico from St Etienne, could also be headed to Portugal as part of the deal.
The underlying narrative of the Oblak story however, is that Belgian number one, Thibaut Courtois, is going back to Chelsea.
Courtois’ future is still up in the air after three successive loan spells at Atletico Madrid from Chelsea, who he has not made an appearance for, yet. However it now seems more than likely, again, that Courtois will be at Stamford Bridge next season.
- Atletico Madrid post English video of Raul Garcia’s tear-fuelled farewell presser...
- Raul Garcia broke down in tears at his Atletico Madrid farewell press conference (Video)
- Golazo: Jackson Martinez scores his first goal for Atletico Madrid v Sevilla (Videos)
- Atletico’s Antoine Griezmann pulls off brilliant improvisational assist for Koke ...
- Chelsea’s Diego Costa met up with Atletico chief exec Miguel Angel Gil in Ibiza, ...
- Man United linked to Antoine Griezmann after Chelsea pinch Pedro [Daily Mail]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...