- Spurs’ Emmanuel Adebayor posts tribute to Thierry Henry with picture of pair from Arsenal days
- David De Gea has turned down Real Madrid, set to sign new 5-year Man United contract [Express]
- Chelsea’s Fernando Torres could move to Atletico Madrid on loan in January [Chiringuito]
- Arsenal lining up £26m January bid for Barcelona’s Pedro [Express]
- English Democrat Paul Rimmer says ‘Liverpool have been cursed by God for sponsoring Gay Pride’
Atletico set to sign Benfica goalie Jan Oblak, points to Thibaut Courtois going back to Chelsea [A Bola]
According to the front page of Portuguese paper A Bola, Atletico Madrid are set to sign Benfica goalie Jan Oblak for €20 million.
€20 million would be the amount Diego Simeone’s side need to pay to get the Slovenian out of his release clause at the Stadium of Light in Lisbon.
With regard to who will come in at Benfica once Oblak departs, several rumours are doing the rounds.
One name, who keeps getting linked to the Vicente Calderon, is 22-year-old Estudiantes keeper Gerónimo Rulli, while Marca are alleging that French goalie Josuha Guilavogui, who has been on loan at Atletico from St Etienne, could also be headed to Portugal as part of the deal.
The underlying narrative of the Oblak story however, is that Belgian number one, Thibaut Courtois, is going back to Chelsea.
Courtois’ future is still up in the air after three successive loan spells at Atletico Madrid from Chelsea, who he has not made an appearance for, yet. However it now seems more than likely, again, that Courtois will be at Stamford Bridge next season.
- Updated: July 3, 2014