Atletico set to sign Benfica goalie Jan Oblak, points to Thibaut Courtois going back to Chelsea [A Bola]
- July 3, 2014
According to the front page of Portuguese paper A Bola, Atletico Madrid are set to sign Benfica goalie Jan Oblak for €20 million.
€20 million would be the amount Diego Simeone’s side need to pay to get the Slovenian out of his release clause at the Stadium of Light in Lisbon.
With regard to who will come in at Benfica once Oblak departs, several rumours are doing the rounds.
One name, who keeps getting linked to the Vicente Calderon, is 22-year-old Estudiantes keeper Gerónimo Rulli, while Marca are alleging that French goalie Josuha Guilavogui, who has been on loan at Atletico from St Etienne, could also be headed to Portugal as part of the deal.
The underlying narrative of the Oblak story however, is that Belgian number one, Thibaut Courtois, is going back to Chelsea.
Courtois’ future is still up in the air after three successive loan spells at Atletico Madrid from Chelsea, who he has not made an appearance for, yet. However it now seems more than likely, again, that Courtois will be at Stamford Bridge next season.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...