- Super-positive Gooner Ty taking lots of positives from Liverpool 2 – Arsenal 2 [Video]
- ‘It’s ruined my Bloody Christmas!’ Claude has a mini meltdown after Liverpool 2 – Arsenal 2 [Video]
- Huge Police presence needed to keep Newcastle and Sunderland fans apart before derby [Video]
- Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti commiserated with each and every San Lorenzo player after Final [Video]
- Scarlets RFU player Liam Williams player apologizes for dressing up as Wilfried Bony with blackface
Atletico coach Mono Burgos blasted Jose Mourinho: “I’m not Tito. I’ll rip your head off!”
French broadcasters Canal+ captured a heated moment during the Madrid derby which was missed by all other TV networks.
During the 28th minute, with Real already a goal to the good on Atletico, a spat blew up on the touchline between home coach Mono Burgos and the Special One.
With Mourinho sat in his seat in the visitors’ dugout, flanked by his coaches who were first stopped making ‘clam down’ gestures in the opposite direction, cameras panned out to see the chunky, mustached Mono Burgos wagging his finger and hurling verbals at the Real boss.
According to reports, Burgos was heard shouting”I’m not Tito. I’ll rip your head off!” (Reference here.)
Mourinho got his comeback on Monday.
When asked about the incident by journalists, Mourinho casually brushed off question by simply replying “Who is Mono Burgos?”
Watch footage of the Burgos-Mourinho spat below.
- Updated: December 3, 2012