- Crazy Stat: Robin van Persie only had 12 touches v Arsenal, and 3 of them were from corners he took!
- SKILLS! Ajax’s Ricardo Kishna pulls off a showboat nutmeg v Heerenveen [GIF & Vine]
- Jack Wilshere to sign new £150,000 a week deal to stay at Arsenal until 2020 [Sunday People]
- Epic Video: All of Lionel Messi’s record breaking 253 goals for Barcelona in La Liga
- Jose Mourinho: Our football v West Brom “was in another dimension”
Atletico coach Mono Burgos blasted Jose Mourinho: “I’m not Tito. I’ll rip your head off!”
French broadcasters Canal+ captured a heated moment during the Madrid derby which was missed by all other TV networks.
During the 28th minute, with Real already a goal to the good on Atletico, a spat blew up on the touchline between home coach Mono Burgos and the Special One.
With Mourinho sat in his seat in the visitors’ dugout, flanked by his coaches who were first stopped making ‘clam down’ gestures in the opposite direction, cameras panned out to see the chunky, mustached Mono Burgos wagging his finger and hurling verbals at the Real boss.
According to reports, Burgos was heard shouting”I’m not Tito. I’ll rip your head off!” (Reference here.)
Mourinho got his comeback on Monday.
When asked about the incident by journalists, Mourinho casually brushed off question by simply replying “Who is Mono Burgos?”
Watch footage of the Burgos-Mourinho spat below.
- Updated: December 3, 2012