Atletico coach Mono Burgos blasted Jose Mourinho: “I’m not Tito. I’ll rip your head off!”
- December 3, 2012
French broadcasters Canal+ captured a heated moment during the Madrid derby which was missed by all other TV networks.
During the 28th minute, with Real already a goal to the good on Atletico, a spat blew up on the touchline between home coach Mono Burgos and the Special One.
With Mourinho sat in his seat in the visitors’ dugout, flanked by his coaches who were first stopped making ‘clam down’ gestures in the opposite direction, cameras panned out to see the chunky, mustached Mono Burgos wagging his finger and hurling verbals at the Real boss.
According to reports, Burgos was heard shouting”I’m not Tito. I’ll rip your head off!” (Reference here.)
Mourinho got his comeback on Monday.
When asked about the incident by journalists, Mourinho casually brushed off question by simply replying “Who is Mono Burgos?”
Watch footage of the Burgos-Mourinho spat below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”265008″]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...