- Arsenal star Alexis Sanchez endlessly jokes around in interview back home [Subtitles]
- A musical review of football in 2014 to the song “We Didn’t Start The Fire” [Video]
- Liverpool target Xherdan Shaqiri allowed to leave Bayern Munich in January for £10m [Blick]
- Enhanced Odds! Back runaway Bundesliga leaders Bayern Munich to beat Mainz at 11/4!!!
- Classic! Man City’s James Milner incredibly boring interview responses from 2004
AS claim David Villa is heading to Liverpool next summer
With the January transfer window just two weeks away, we can be sure of hearing a few spurious transfer rumours and Madrid-based paper AS have added their own today.
David Villa is seriously considering his future at Barcelona after struggling to break into Tito Vilanova’s first team this season.
Despite recovering from a serious shin injury at last year’s Club World Cup, Villa is no longer first choice and has long been tracked by Liverpool.
AS predicts Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers will offer between 12 and 15 million euros for the 31-year-old striker next summer.
This comes on the same day the Sunday Mirror suggested Manchester City will move for David Villa in the upcoming transfer window.
Villa’s contract runs out at Barcelona in 2014, and despite a 200 million euro release clause, looks set to leave for significantly less at the end of the 2012/2013 season.
Barcelona are not looking for a big fee for Villa but merely to open up squad space for Neymar, according to AS.
Liverpool, of course, will be looking to bolster their strike force in the coming transfer windows, with Luis Suarez desperately needing support up top.
During last week’s win at West Ham, Jonjo Shelvey was forced into a “False 9″ position with Suarez out suspended.
To get Liverpool fans in the mood for the summer signing of David Villa, here are all his goals in the 2010/2011 season for Barcelona.
- Updated: December 16, 2012