- Scottish pundit Alan McInally accidentally swore live on Sky Sports News [Vine]
- Funny football moments – fails, bloopers featuring Messi, Ronaldo & Neymar [Video]
- Newcastle v Everton [Team Sheets]
- Man United’s Juan Mata: “White Hart Lane is always a difficult stadium”
- Cesc Fabregas booked for diving v Southampton, should have been a penalty
Arsene Wenger & Ivan Gazidis were at Levante-Barcelona watching Sergi Roberto & Cristian Tello [El Mundo Deportivo]
Such is the way of modern scouting, that even “The Professor” Arsene Wenger cannot get away with going to watch players unnoticed.
On Wednesday morning, Wenger was spotted at Heathrow Airport, with many Arsenal fans wondering where he was off to.
Well, Wenger joined Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis at Barcelona’s Copa del Rey clash at Levante on Wednesday night, as the picture above proves.
Catalan paper El Mundo Deportivo say Wenger was watching Barcelona midfielder Sergi Roberto and forward Cristian Tello.
There are also suggestions in England and Spain that Wenger was spying on Pedro.
Sergi Roberto played 90 minutes in a central midfield role. Pedro appeared for 57 minutes before being replaced by Javier Mascherano.
Cristian Tello was the undoubted star of the show, scoring a hat-trick for Barcelona (from 3 assists by Lionel Messi) and could well be the most likely player Arsenal could get their hands on from the Nou Camp.
- Updated: January 23, 2014