Arsene Wenger & Ivan Gazidis were at Levante-Barcelona watching Sergi Roberto & Cristian Tello [El Mundo Deportivo]
- January 23, 2014
Such is the way of modern scouting, that even “The Professor” Arsene Wenger cannot get away with going to watch players unnoticed.
On Wednesday morning, Wenger was spotted at Heathrow Airport, with many Arsenal fans wondering where he was off to.
Well, Wenger joined Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis at Barcelona’s Copa del Rey clash at Levante on Wednesday night, as the picture above proves.
Catalan paper El Mundo Deportivo say Wenger was watching Barcelona midfielder Sergi Roberto and forward Cristian Tello.
There are also suggestions in England and Spain that Wenger was spying on Pedro.
Sergi Roberto played 90 minutes in a central midfield role. Pedro appeared for 57 minutes before being replaced by Javier Mascherano.
Cristian Tello was the undoubted star of the show, scoring a hat-trick for Barcelona (from 3 assists by Lionel Messi) and could well be the most likely player Arsenal could get their hands on from the Nou Camp.
- Man City & Man United top transfer window net spend Premier League table [Picture]
- #WengerOut: Arsenal fan Piers Morgan blasts Arsene Wenger for lack of spending (Audio)
- Arsenal Supporters’ Trust calls for inquiry into club’s transfer strategy [...
- Martin Keown: Arsenal needed to bring in a striker (video)
- Thierry Henry analyses Arsenal’s lack of signings, concedes Gunners will not win ...
- Rating the starting XIs of the Premier League top 6, ft. Chelsea & Arsenal (video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...