Arsene Wenger & Ivan Gazidis were at Levante-Barcelona watching Sergi Roberto & Cristian Tello [El Mundo Deportivo]
- January 23, 2014
Such is the way of modern scouting, that even “The Professor” Arsene Wenger cannot get away with going to watch players unnoticed.
On Wednesday morning, Wenger was spotted at Heathrow Airport, with many Arsenal fans wondering where he was off to.
Well, Wenger joined Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis at Barcelona’s Copa del Rey clash at Levante on Wednesday night, as the picture above proves.
Catalan paper El Mundo Deportivo say Wenger was watching Barcelona midfielder Sergi Roberto and forward Cristian Tello.
There are also suggestions in England and Spain that Wenger was spying on Pedro.
Sergi Roberto played 90 minutes in a central midfield role. Pedro appeared for 57 minutes before being replaced by Javier Mascherano.
Cristian Tello was the undoubted star of the show, scoring a hat-trick for Barcelona (from 3 assists by Lionel Messi) and could well be the most likely player Arsenal could get their hands on from the Nou Camp.
- No Sh*t Sherlock: Sky Sports rank Fergie 1st, Wenger 2nd in Best PL Manager study [Chart]
- Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil picks his Ultimate XI ft. 7 Real Madrid teammates & Ang...
- Ronald Koeman admits that Man United & Arsenal target Morgan Schneiderlin missed t...
- William Carvalho isn’t joining Arsenal, as Sporting boss Jorge Jesus says midfiel...
- Arsenal begin talks to sign Barcelona winger Pedro [Independent]
- Former Arsenal goalkeeper Jens Lehman calls German midfielder Mesut Ozil mediocre [Sun]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi