Arsenal’s Ozil wanted to and was set to join Manchester United but bid never came [Graham Hunter]
- September 4, 2013
The fallout from Mesut Ozil’s astonishing transfer deadline day move to Arsenal continues.
And the plot thickens.
We already know Ozil would ideally have stayed at Madrid had his chances not become so restricted under Ancelotti, it’s now emerged, via Sky’s Revista de La Liga bar and Graham Hunter, that Ozil and his father were holding out for Man United, their preferred choice….but the phantom bid never materialised.
If this transpires as true, and that United were being hoaxed in Bilbao trying to pay €30 million for Herrera when they could have had Ozil for just €20 more, it will heap even more scorn on Woodward and Moyes’ now infamously farcical 2013 transfer window.
[gthumb id=”351212″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi