Arsenal linked with moves for Lyon’s Clement Grenier & Southampton’s Morgan Schneiderlin [L’Equipe]
Another day, another few Frenchmen linked to Arsenal.
L’Equipe report on Sunday that Arsenal are monitoring the situations of Lyon midfielder Clement Grenier and Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin.
The report in the French daily was thin of facts.
Detailed in a short transfer update, L’Equipe simply report that “according to our information, Clement Grenier (Lyon, 23) and Morgan Schneiderlin (Southampton, 24) are wanted by Arsene Wenger.”
Links between the Gunners and Grenier are, however, nothing new. Back in May 2013 Arsene Wenger admitted chasing the Lyon star, then telling reporters “We are following him. I like the intelligence of his play. He has interesting qualities. He reminds me of Nasri.”
Grenier has been forced to withdraw from the LEs Bleus party at the World Cup due to a groin injury, and has been replaced by Newcastle United target Remy Cabella.
As for Schneiderlin, the tabloid press in England have been suggesting the Frenchman could move to the Emirates for several weeks now this summer.
According to the rumour mill, Arsene Wenger is keen on adding a dynamic midfielder to his squad, and Schneiderlin is said to fit that bill. Moreover, the French World Cup midfielder is also said to be interested in leaving the Saints to move to a Champions League outfit.
Whether either comes to fruition remains to be seen.
Watch Live Stream
- Jack Wilshere responds to Jamie Redknapp’s prediction that he won’t return to ArsenalOctober 24, 2016
- Nigerian billionaire Aliko Dangote talks about his Arsenal takeover plans (BBC Audio)October 23, 2016
- Arsenal to rescue Yaya Toure from Man City [Express]October 23, 2016
- Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil & Man United’s Zlatan Ibrahimovic slammed on the BBC (Video)October 23, 2016
- BT Sport pundits praise Gianluigi Buffon’s brilliant performance v Lyon (Video)October 19, 2016
- Rafael da Silva refused to accept Lyon wages during injury, gave them to charity [SW]October 18, 2016
- Lyon’s ground was the target of an ISIS terror attack [Le Progres]September 20, 2016
- Mathieu Valbuena opens up his sex tape blackmail fiasco & Karim BenzemaSeptember 19, 2016
- Pep Guardiola refuses to blame John Stones after 1-1 draw with Southampton (Video)October 23, 2016
- Man City v Southampton: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 22, 2016
- That irate West Ham fan was interviewed again after 3-0 Southampton defeat (Video)September 25, 2016
- Mark Noble gives incredibly honest post-match interview after West Ham 0 – Southampton 3 (Video)September 25, 2016