- Manchester United’s Juan Mata gives Full Time Devils a Wave
- Spurs’ Andros Townsend banters Roberto Soldado for using Google Translate in Twitter chat
- Xabi Alonso is already giving interviews in German to Bayern TV, after 2 months of classes [Video]
- FC Barcelona will not renew Qatar sponsorship deal due to terror financing concerns
- Raheem Sterling wins Tuttosport’s young player of 2014 award, Liverpool star called ‘black gold’
Arsenal linked with moves for Lyon’s Clement Grenier & Southampton’s Morgan Schneiderlin [L'Equipe]
Another day, another few Frenchmen linked to Arsenal.
L’Equipe report on Sunday that Arsenal are monitoring the situations of Lyon midfielder Clement Grenier and Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin.
The report in the French daily was thin of facts.
Detailed in a short transfer update, L’Equipe simply report that “according to our information, Clement Grenier (Lyon, 23) and Morgan Schneiderlin (Southampton, 24) are wanted by Arsene Wenger.”
Links between the Gunners and Grenier are, however, nothing new. Back in May 2013 Arsene Wenger admitted chasing the Lyon star, then telling reporters “We are following him. I like the intelligence of his play. He has interesting qualities. He reminds me of Nasri.”
Grenier has been forced to withdraw from the LEs Bleus party at the World Cup due to a groin injury, and has been replaced by Newcastle United target Remy Cabella.
As for Schneiderlin, the tabloid press in England have been suggesting the Frenchman could move to the Emirates for several weeks now this summer.
According to the rumour mill, Arsene Wenger is keen on adding a dynamic midfielder to his squad, and Schneiderlin is said to fit that bill. Moreover, the French World Cup midfielder is also said to be interested in leaving the Saints to move to a Champions League outfit.
Whether either comes to fruition remains to be seen.
- Updated: June 8, 2014