Arsenal linked with moves for Lyon’s Clement Grenier & Southampton’s Morgan Schneiderlin [L’Equipe]
- June 8, 2014
Another day, another few Frenchmen linked to Arsenal.
L’Equipe report on Sunday that Arsenal are monitoring the situations of Lyon midfielder Clement Grenier and Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin.
The report in the French daily was thin of facts.
Detailed in a short transfer update, L’Equipe simply report that “according to our information, Clement Grenier (Lyon, 23) and Morgan Schneiderlin (Southampton, 24) are wanted by Arsene Wenger.”
Links between the Gunners and Grenier are, however, nothing new. Back in May 2013 Arsene Wenger admitted chasing the Lyon star, then telling reporters “We are following him. I like the intelligence of his play. He has interesting qualities. He reminds me of Nasri.”
Grenier has been forced to withdraw from the LEs Bleus party at the World Cup due to a groin injury, and has been replaced by Newcastle United target Remy Cabella.
As for Schneiderlin, the tabloid press in England have been suggesting the Frenchman could move to the Emirates for several weeks now this summer.
According to the rumour mill, Arsene Wenger is keen on adding a dynamic midfielder to his squad, and Schneiderlin is said to fit that bill. Moreover, the French World Cup midfielder is also said to be interested in leaving the Saints to move to a Champions League outfit.
Whether either comes to fruition remains to be seen.
- Arsenal have shown interest in €21m rated Real Madrid starlet Denis Cheryshev [AS]
- See why Arsenal are intent on signing Joao Virginia from Benfica (Video evidence)
- Arsene Wenger and Arsenal take celebratory selfies after beating Chelsea (Parody Video)
- Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is appalled by Carl Jenkinson’s love of country music (Vi...
- Hector Bellerin admits finally beating Chelsea is a weight off Arsenal’s shoulder...
- Mikel Arteta says Arsenal teammate The Ox has the world at his feet (Video)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi