Arsenal linked with moves for Lyon’s Clement Grenier & Southampton’s Morgan Schneiderlin [L’Equipe]
- June 8, 2014
Another day, another few Frenchmen linked to Arsenal.
L’Equipe report on Sunday that Arsenal are monitoring the situations of Lyon midfielder Clement Grenier and Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin.
The report in the French daily was thin of facts.
Detailed in a short transfer update, L’Equipe simply report that “according to our information, Clement Grenier (Lyon, 23) and Morgan Schneiderlin (Southampton, 24) are wanted by Arsene Wenger.”
Links between the Gunners and Grenier are, however, nothing new. Back in May 2013 Arsene Wenger admitted chasing the Lyon star, then telling reporters “We are following him. I like the intelligence of his play. He has interesting qualities. He reminds me of Nasri.”
Grenier has been forced to withdraw from the LEs Bleus party at the World Cup due to a groin injury, and has been replaced by Newcastle United target Remy Cabella.
As for Schneiderlin, the tabloid press in England have been suggesting the Frenchman could move to the Emirates for several weeks now this summer.
According to the rumour mill, Arsene Wenger is keen on adding a dynamic midfielder to his squad, and Schneiderlin is said to fit that bill. Moreover, the French World Cup midfielder is also said to be interested in leaving the Saints to move to a Champions League outfit.
Whether either comes to fruition remains to be seen.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...