- Real Madrid set to pass on option to sign Chicharito as they have Sergio Aguero in their sights [Fichajes]
- Jose Mourinho: Obviously Lionel Messi is not coming to Chelsea
- Exquisite! Meshal Theyab hits wonderful dipping volley in Kuwaiti Premier League game [Video]
- Manchester City give up pursuit of Isco as he is quite happy at Real Madrid [Marca]
- Arsenal negotiating with Palermo to lower asking price for £31m-rated Paulo Dybala [Fichajes]
Arsenal linked with moves for Lyon’s Clement Grenier & Southampton’s Morgan Schneiderlin [L'Equipe]
Another day, another few Frenchmen linked to Arsenal.
L’Equipe report on Sunday that Arsenal are monitoring the situations of Lyon midfielder Clement Grenier and Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin.
The report in the French daily was thin of facts.
Detailed in a short transfer update, L’Equipe simply report that “according to our information, Clement Grenier (Lyon, 23) and Morgan Schneiderlin (Southampton, 24) are wanted by Arsene Wenger.”
Links between the Gunners and Grenier are, however, nothing new. Back in May 2013 Arsene Wenger admitted chasing the Lyon star, then telling reporters “We are following him. I like the intelligence of his play. He has interesting qualities. He reminds me of Nasri.”
Grenier has been forced to withdraw from the LEs Bleus party at the World Cup due to a groin injury, and has been replaced by Newcastle United target Remy Cabella.
As for Schneiderlin, the tabloid press in England have been suggesting the Frenchman could move to the Emirates for several weeks now this summer.
According to the rumour mill, Arsene Wenger is keen on adding a dynamic midfielder to his squad, and Schneiderlin is said to fit that bill. Moreover, the French World Cup midfielder is also said to be interested in leaving the Saints to move to a Champions League outfit.
Whether either comes to fruition remains to be seen.
- Updated: June 8, 2014