Amazing Fair Play: Miroslav Klose (Lazio) handballs a goal against Napoli but gets the referee to chalk it off
- September 27, 2012
Football is so often tarnished by cheaters, divers and others who’ll do pretty much anything to gain an advantage on the field, so against that backdrop the behaviour of Lazio striker Miroslav Klose on Wednesday night should be lauded and put on a pedestal for all to see.
In just the third minute of Lazio’s trip to Napoli in Serie A, the visitors appeared to have forged an early advantage after Miroslav Klose scored from a corner.
Napoli immediately protested the goal claiming that the German forward had handled the ball into the net – which he had – however at first instance the officials (including the fifth official who’se job it is to see such incidents) registered the goal as legal.
Insert some amazing fair play from Miroslav Klose.
As the Napoli players raged at the injustice of conceding a Hand of God goal, 34-year-old Klose showed maturity and honesty in approaching the referee and coming clean about his handball infraction.
The goal was subsequently chalked off, and Edinson Cavani proceeded to score a hat-trick as Napoli ran out 3-0 winners over the Romans.
Watch Miroslav Klose’s superb moment of fair play below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”236684″]
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...