After yet another Premier League hat-trick in the Manchester derby, bet365 are quoting 6/1 about Erling Haaland breaking Jamie Vardy’s record of scoring in 11 consecutive Premier League games this season, having found the net in the last six.
The former Borussia Dortmund star is the talk of Europe after 14 Premier League goals in his first eight matches. His prolific start to life in Manchester has led to bet365 shortening the price of City remaining unbeaten throughout the 2022/23 Premier League campaign, down to 7/1.
bet365′s Steve Freeth said: “I don’t know what’s more incredible, Haaland failing to breach a defence that conceded 9 in one match this season or that the Norwegian used to watch Vardy for tips on getting in behind the centre backs.
“How much he picked up from Leicester’s No.9 is up for debate, what isn’t is that he’s an absolute beast of a centre forward who could smash all sorts of records in his first season in the English top flight.”
Bet £10 & Get £30 in Free Bets
Haaland’s long-term fitness still has a question mark over it, but it’s starting to look like he could miss half the season and still be in the running for the Golden Boot. He’s just 1/3 to score anytime on Saturday versus Southampton and can be backed at 4/1 to repeat his derby heroics and score 3 goals or more.
bet365 think that there’s more chance of Liverpool losing both of their forthcoming games against Arsenal and Manchester City than winning them as Jurgen Klopp’s side look to claw back ground on the Premier League’s top two.
Jurgen Klopp watched his side overcome Rangers in the Champions League in midweek, and will be hoping that those exploits in Europe will transfer into the Premier League, where a tough set of fixtures will test their mettle.
bet365′s Freeth added: “Liverpool have smashed a low-on-confidence Bournemouth side and needed an injury-time winner to beat Newcastle when recording their only two Premier League wins this season and while a midweek European victory over Rangers would’ve given them a lift, they’re facing a huge step up in class in the shape of Arsenal and Manchester City.”
Liverpool are 7/1 to beat both Arsenal and Man City, but are a shorter 9/2 to lose both matches.
The firm are also betting on where the Reds will finish this season and it’s only 12/5 that they end the campaign outside the top four.
All odds correct at time of writing.
Significant Open Account Offer T&Cs
· Available to new customers only. Make a qualifying deposit of £5* or more and claim the offer within 30 days of registering your account to qualify for 500% of that amount in Bet Credits, up to a maximum of £50* in Bet Credits. Once released, your Bet Credits will be held in your account balance and are non-withdrawable.
· To release your Bet Credits for use, you must place qualifying bets to the value of your qualifying deposit (capped at £10*) and they must settle within 30 days of claiming the offer. Only qualifying bets placed and settled after claiming the offer will count towards this requirement.
· Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal, paysafecard and all other prepaid credit and debit cards, where available, cannot be used for either your qualifying deposit or any subsequent withdrawal of returns from Bet Credits stakes unless we have successfully verified an accepted form of your Identity Documents and you have entered a Postal Verification Code (PVC), or we have successfully verified two accepted forms of your Identity Documents. See condition 2 of full Terms and Conditions for details.
· Bets placed must meet certain conditions to count towards the release of your Bet Credits:
· Must contain at least one selection at odds of 1/5 (1.20) or greater.
· Only the largest cumulative stake on an individual selection within a market/fixture combination (either pre-match or In-Play) will count towards the settled bets requirement.
· Where a stake has been partially Cashed Out, only the remaining active stake will count.
· Where a bet has been edited using our Edit Bet feature, only the new stake on the new bet will count.
· Fully Cashed Out, Instant Games, Gaming, Free Bets, void bets or In-Play bets which are settled as a push will not count.
· Your Bet Credits are non-withdrawable, and Bet Credits stakes are not included in any returns. Any returns from Bet Credits placed will be added to your Withdrawable Balance. Bet Credits cannot be used on certain products, offers/promotions and bet types. See full Terms and Conditions for details.
· Your Bet Credits will be forfeit and removed if your account is inactive for 90 consecutive days.
See Full Terms and Conditions below.
bet365 is committed to Safer Gambling. We promote gambling as an enjoyable leisure activity and we believe that gambling can only remain this way if you stay in control and gamble responsibly. However, we know that for some people gambling can stop being a harmless leisure activity and become a problem.
Help is close at hand. Visit www.gamcare.org.uk or contact the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133.
Terms and Conditions Apply , 18+. Begambleaware.org.