A number of noteworthy updates surrounding Jadon Sancho’s potential move to Manchester United have been forthcoming online on Thursday.
Reds remain keen
Speculation surrounding the future of Borussia Dortmund wide-man Sancho has of course come back to the fore in a major way over the last couple of months.
This comes after a number of updates on the English international’s links to Old Trafford were forthcoming.
As per ‘transfer insider’ Dean Jones, Man United remain at the front of the queue in the battle for Sancho’s signature.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is said to have made clear that he views the winger as the perfect summer addition to his squad, with the board at Signal Iduna Park ready to sanction a deal for less than the previously quoted price-tag of £100 million.
Manchester United ❓
— Oddschanger (@Oddschanger) April 29, 2021
Not only that, but, speaking at the beginning of last month, BVB chief Michael Zorc confirmed that a ‘gentleman’s agreement’ is in place between club and player, to sanction a transfer for Sancho this summer.
Borussia Dortmund director Zorc to ARD: “We already had a gentlemen’s agreement with Jadon Sancho since last year that he can leave the club under certain conditions”. 🟡⚫️
“However, this agreement does *not* exist with Erling Haaland”. 🚫 #BVB
— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) May 1, 2021
Sancho: The latest
In turn, excitement has again begun to spread amongst the Manchester United faithful, ahead of a potential blockbuster addition to the club’s squad.
And, as outlined above, on Thursday, a pair of updates surrounding the situation have been forthcoming.
First, it was revealed by transfer expert Fabrizio Romano that an agreement between Sancho and the Red Devils – over the terms of a 5-year contract – has been found:
Manchester United reached an agreement with Sancho’s camp on personal terms until 2026. Jadon is not creating any problem. 🔴 #MUFC
Negotiations now starting with Borussia Dortmund. €95m price, NO agreement yet. 🏴
— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) June 10, 2021
Not only that, but reports have since begun to mount that Ed Woodward and co. have followed up by sending a first official offer to their counterparts at Dortmund.
As per Jan Aage Fjortoft, viewed as something of an insider when it comes to the Sancho saga, the Manchester giants have indeed tabled a big-money bid.
Significantly, though, it is added that, as things stand, United and Dortmund remain €20 million apart in their respective valuations. Bonuses, meanwhile, will also need to be agreed upon:
I can now confirm that Manchester United have put in the first offer to Dortmund
The clubs are, as I am told, 20 mill euro apart on fixed fee and bonuses need to be agreed too https://t.co/LY51idKAWQ
— Jan Aage Fjortoft 🏳️🌈 🇳🇴 (@JanAageFjortoft) June 10, 2021
*Update* – It has since been suggested that Manchester United’s opening offer was worth around €78 million, with Dortmund standing firm in their demands of €95 million.
Manchester United betting odds, next game:
Manchester United's latest videos
Manchester United latest news
|4||Brighton & Hove Albion||0||0||0|
|19||West Ham United||0||0||0|
|Player||Team||Red Cards||Yellow Cards|