In terms of a showpiece European final, they don’t come much bigger than Liverpool v Real Madrid.
bet365Bet365 are marking the showpiece final with an offer unbelievable offer for new and eligible customers. A £5 free bet free £5 bet will be credited into verified accounts on Thursday, ready for use pre-match or in-play. See full details below.
In the white corner are Real.
Current La Liga titleholders and 13 times European champions, this season has seen Real produce some of the most dramatic performances in Champions League history. Come from behind wins against PSG, Chelsea and Manchester City have seen Carlo Ancelotti’s men qualify for the final in Paris, a feat that seemed almost impossible at times throughout their campaign.
‘Los Blancos’ have been inspired by Karim Benzema, the French forward scored 15 goals in the Champions league this season, including three in Real’s semi-final win over Manchester City and four in the quarters against Chelsea. That sparkling form has propelled Madrid into the final despite being outsiders in each of their knockout ties.
In the red corner, and chasing a cup treble, are Liverpool.
Jurgen Klopp is hunting down a second Champions League title as Liverpool boss, and will be seeking revenge for Liverpool’s 3-1 final defeat at the hands of a Gareth Bale inspired Real Madrid.
Following their semi-final victory over Villarreal, Mohamed Salah pulled no punches, declaring that Liverpool have a “score to settle” over their Spanish opponents. Salah has scored eight times on the road to Paris, and will be more determined than anyone, to put Madrid to the sword. The Egyptian star was forced off with a shoulder injury in that 2018 final, and will be going all out to right that perceived wrong.
bet365Bet365’s Steve Freeth believes there could be significant value in the Man of the Match market in Paris, with Salah and Benzema high in the betting.
Freeth said: “Salah’s post-match interview against Villarreal had very much of a whiff of unfinished business in wanting to face Real Madrid over Manchester City, and although the Spanish giants touched 100/1 to qualify when needing snookers late on, he gets his wish and we make him favourite over Benzema in what could be a cracker in Paris.”
Salah has confirmed he’ll be staying at Anfield next season and bet365 make him a 12/1 chance to score 30 or more Premier League goals during the 2022/23 campaign.
Match Odds: Liverpool 1/1, Draw 11/4, Real Madrid 5/2
To Lift The Trophy: Liverpool 4/7, Real Madrid 11/8
First Scorer: Mohamed Salah 4/1, Diogo Jota 5/1, Karim Benzema 5/1, Sadio Mane 6/1
How the free £5 bet works:
- Add your chosen UEFA Champions League Final selection to the bet slip.
- Tick the free bet box.
- Select place bet.
Any returns from bets placed using the free bet will be added to your withdrawable balance but the free bet stake is not included in any returns.
Only one free bet will be awarded per bet slip. When placing your free bet, do not include selections from any other event on the bet slip. If you are placing your free bet on Liverpool v Real Madrid in the UEFA Champions League Final, your bet slip should only include a selection for that event.
Significant Terms and Conditions
- This offer is available from 09:00 UK Time on Thursday 26th May 2022, to new and eligible customers only. You can see a full list of your available offers by logging in and selecting the Offers section on mobile or the Promotions section on desktop. bet365 maintains a record of customer contact in relation to eligibility for offers and this record, including the date and time of any restrictions being imposed, will be final in the event of any dispute.
- The qualifying fixture for this offer is Liverpool v Real Madrid in the UEFA Champions League Final, taking place on Saturday 28th May 2022.
- Only one Free Bet (value £5) is available per customer for this offer. Offer applies to a standard single bet or a bet placed through the Bet Builder feature.
- Any returns from bets placed using the free bet will be added to your withdrawable balance but the Free Bet stake is not included in any returns.
All odds correct at time of writing.
bet365 is committed to Safer Gambling. We promote gambling as an enjoyable leisure activity and we believe that gambling can only remain this way if you stay in control and gamble responsibly. However, we know that for some people gambling can stop being a harmless leisure activity and become a problem.
Help is close at hand. Visit www.gamcare.org.uk or contact the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133.
T&Cs Apply, 18+. Begambleaware.org.
This article was edited by Ben Browning.