That’s his legacy: Van Bommel’s career ends by getting sent off for a horrible challenge
- May 12, 2013
Mark van Bommel’s final match could not have been scripted any better.
After a 20-year long professional career in which he played for PSV, Barcelona, Bayern Munich and AC Milan, as well as clocking up 79 appearances for the Dutch national team, Mark van Bommel finally hung up his boots on Sunday.
Van Bommel, who forged a career as a hardman who took no prisoners, went out in a blaze of glory.
PSV were sunk 3-1 away at FC Twente, and van Bommel failed to last the 90 minutes as he committed a horrible challenge on Dusan Tadić’s ankle which resulted in a straight red card.
Watch Mark van Bommel’s final contribution to the Beautiful Game below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...