That’s his legacy: Van Bommel’s career ends by getting sent off for a horrible challenge
- May 12, 2013
Mark van Bommel’s final match could not have been scripted any better.
After a 20-year long professional career in which he played for PSV, Barcelona, Bayern Munich and AC Milan, as well as clocking up 79 appearances for the Dutch national team, Mark van Bommel finally hung up his boots on Sunday.
Van Bommel, who forged a career as a hardman who took no prisoners, went out in a blaze of glory.
PSV were sunk 3-1 away at FC Twente, and van Bommel failed to last the 90 minutes as he committed a horrible challenge on Dusan Tadić’s ankle which resulted in a straight red card.
Watch Mark van Bommel’s final contribution to the Beautiful Game below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi