- All the goals and skills from Neymar’s charity match against Nene [Highlights]
- Portuguese second division player Dally got sent off for flashing his ass after scoring for Freamunde [Video]
- Heart-warming! Everton squad hand out Christmas presents at children’s hospital [Video]
- Nicely done! Nene gets in on the act by scooping the ball over the goalkeeper [Video]
- Ice-cold! Paul Pogba chugs like a train in his penalty shoot-out run-up for Juventus v Napoli [Video]
That’s his legacy: Van Bommel’s career ends by getting sent off for a horrible challenge
Mark van Bommel’s final match could not have been scripted any better.
After a 20-year long professional career in which he played for PSV, Barcelona, Bayern Munich and AC Milan, as well as clocking up 79 appearances for the Dutch national team, Mark van Bommel finally hung up his boots on Sunday.
Van Bommel, who forged a career as a hardman who took no prisoners, went out in a blaze of glory.
PSV were sunk 3-1 away at FC Twente, and van Bommel failed to last the 90 minutes as he committed a horrible challenge on Dusan Tadić’s ankle which resulted in a straight red card.
Watch Mark van Bommel’s final contribution to the Beautiful Game below.
- Updated: May 12, 2013