That’s his legacy: Van Bommel’s career ends by getting sent off for a horrible challenge
- May 12, 2013
Mark van Bommel’s final match could not have been scripted any better.
After a 20-year long professional career in which he played for PSV, Barcelona, Bayern Munich and AC Milan, as well as clocking up 79 appearances for the Dutch national team, Mark van Bommel finally hung up his boots on Sunday.
Van Bommel, who forged a career as a hardman who took no prisoners, went out in a blaze of glory.
PSV were sunk 3-1 away at FC Twente, and van Bommel failed to last the 90 minutes as he committed a horrible challenge on Dusan Tadić’s ankle which resulted in a straight red card.
Watch Mark van Bommel’s final contribution to the Beautiful Game below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...