Is his season over? Yanga-Mbiwa’s horrendous foul on Nasri left Man City’s Frenchman on a stretcher [Vine]
- January 12, 2014
Manchester City and French football fans will be hoping that Samir Nasri’s season and World Cup isn’y over.
Nasri was stretchered of the St James’ Park pitch on Sunday in the Premier League in serious looking circumstances after the Man City midfielder was savagely hacked down from behind by Newcastle’s Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa.
Yanga-Mbiwa’s foul could not be defended – the defender twice kicked at Nasri from behind before eventually grounding his prey – yet incredibly the Newcastle centre-half managed to avoid a red card for his terrible tackle.
It was the second shocking decision referee Mike Jones made in the game after he ruled out Cheik Tiote’s golazo at the end of the first half.
Watch a GIF and a Vine video of Yanga-Mbiwa’s appalling foul on Samir Nasri below.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...