- Bulgarian Liverpool fans sing the Brendan Rodgers song in Sofia Irish bar [Video]
- ‘That’s football!’ Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers laughs off favourite-for-the-sack tag [Video]
- Gaz Metan perform crazy free-kick routine in Romanian league, nearly works! [Video]
- Trollstation, the idiot pitch invaders at Spurs v Partizan, admit they are Arsenal supporters
- Angel Di Maria compares Man United’s Wayne Rooney to Lionel Messi [Daily Mail]
Is his season over? Yanga-Mbiwa’s horrendous foul on Nasri left Man City’s Frenchman on a stretcher [Vine]
Manchester City and French football fans will be hoping that Samir Nasri’s season and World Cup isn’y over.
Nasri was stretchered of the St James’ Park pitch on Sunday in the Premier League in serious looking circumstances after the Man City midfielder was savagely hacked down from behind by Newcastle’s Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa.
Yanga-Mbiwa’s foul could not be defended – the defender twice kicked at Nasri from behind before eventually grounding his prey – yet incredibly the Newcastle centre-half managed to avoid a red card for his terrible tackle.
It was the second shocking decision referee Mike Jones made in the game after he ruled out Cheik Tiote’s golazo at the end of the first half.
Watch a GIF and a Vine video of Yanga-Mbiwa’s appalling foul on Samir Nasri below.
- Updated: January 12, 2014