Is his season over? Yanga-Mbiwa’s horrendous foul on Nasri left Man City’s Frenchman on a stretcher [Vine]
- January 12, 2014
Manchester City and French football fans will be hoping that Samir Nasri’s season and World Cup isn’y over.
Nasri was stretchered of the St James’ Park pitch on Sunday in the Premier League in serious looking circumstances after the Man City midfielder was savagely hacked down from behind by Newcastle’s Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa.
Yanga-Mbiwa’s foul could not be defended – the defender twice kicked at Nasri from behind before eventually grounding his prey – yet incredibly the Newcastle centre-half managed to avoid a red card for his terrible tackle.
It was the second shocking decision referee Mike Jones made in the game after he ruled out Cheik Tiote’s golazo at the end of the first half.
Watch a GIF and a Vine video of Yanga-Mbiwa’s appalling foul on Samir Nasri below.
- Classy: Stevan Jovetic pens farewell message to Man City on Instagram
- Watch highlights of Raheem Sterling’s excellent performance for Man City v Vietna...
- Raheem Sterling bags a brilliant brace in 8-1 Man City win v Vietnam XI (Highlights)
- Raheem Sterling scored a first-time out of the box curler for Man City v Vietnam XI (Vi...
- Vietnamese fan burns 10 tickets to Man City game due to players attitudes (Video)
- Harry Kane & Wayne Rooney star in a new Premier League hype video, including Arsen...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi