Worst. Penalty. EVER! Ilombe Mboyo (Gent) v Waasland-Beveren
- December 10, 2012
Belgium football was on fire at the weekend.
Yet not everyone had a good time in front of goal in the Jupiler League. Case in point: Gent striker, Ilombe Mboyo.
Mboyo is fast becoming the biggest joke of last weekend following his unbelievably bad penalty against Waasland-Beveren on Saturday.
The 25-year-old striker had the opportunity to make the scores 1-1 in the 15th minute when he faced a spot-kick, however the forward became the flop of the week as he executed a pathetic penalty that bobbled wide at a snail’s pace.
Gent went on to lose the match 2-nil, but after the game Mboyo somewhat redeemed himself with an act of brave behaviour.
After showering and suiting up, Mboyo walked back out onto the pitch to face a group of angry Gent supporters who had stayed in the ground after the defeat. Mboyo told his fans:
I am the club captain. I want respect. I play all the time at 100%. I missed a penalty but it happens. I did not mean to. I wanted to score.
Watch Ilombe Mboyo’s penalty miss & confrontation with the Gent fans below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”266856″]
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”266857″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi